If you or a loved one suffered severe injuries in a scaffolding accident, you might have a claim for compensation. Even if you were not working, but a bystander at an unsafe job site, you might be entitled to compensation as well.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine help accident victims recover compensation for their injuries. If you have injuries from a scaffolding accident, call scaffolding accident and injury lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL today at 1-800-747-3733. Our free case review allows you the chance to ask questions and have legal options explained.
Having a Lawyer to Guide You through a Complicated Process
Scaffolding is a staple of multi-story buildings but is unfortunately not always correctly set up, designed to support its load, or structurally stable. Determining the cause of a scaffolding collapse or other accident can be complicated. Determining liability among all potentially responsible parties can be even more complex.
There may be cumulative ways for you to recover compensation. It could be that workers’ compensation is the only available avenue. On the other hand, a lawsuit could be a better option. Talking to an attorney will help you understand all of the options available to you so that you do not miss any opportunity to obtain reimbursement for accident-related expenses.
Pursuing Compensation for Scaffolding Accident Injuries in Florida
Whether through the workers’ compensation system or a formal lawsuit, we will help you fight to recover the compensation you deserve after an accident.
Scaffolding accidents can result in:
- Limb amputations
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ punctures
- Broken bones
These types of injuries can leave victims with limited mobility, impaired ability to earn a living wage, and even paralyzed.
In workers’ compensation cases, you might be entitled to lost wages, disability or impairment compensation, and payment of medical expenses. Medical expenses related to the scaffolding accident might include:
- Hospital stay
- Ambulance transportation
- Doctor’s visits
Through the workers’ compensation system, death benefits are available in a maximum amount of $150,000.
Civil Lawsuits and Third-Party Claims
There are three circumstances under which you may be able to file a fault-based lawsuit:
- The responsible party did not pay into the workers’ compensation system.
- The responsible party intentionally caused the accident or willfully failed to provide fall protection or required training.
- If you have a negligence claim against a third party, you may file a fault-based civil lawsuit.
Enhanced compensation, like pain and suffering, is available in a civil lawsuit. In the State of Florida, civil suits also allow derivative claims, such as those held by a spouse for loss of consortium. Punitive damages may also be available in a civil suit for extremely egregious or reckless conduct on the part of the responsible party.
Other types of compensation are available in a civil lawsuit for which the workers’ compensation system does not provide. However, not all scaffolding cases are eligible for a civil lawsuit. In some cases, workers’ compensation is the only available remedy. Meeting with a personal injury lawyer in West Palm Beach can provide you with insight into the best legal path for your situation and future.
We Investigate, Educate, and Advocate
Scaffolding accident attorneys help their clients by investigating, educating, and advocating.
How We Investigate
The investigator on our legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine goes to work to find the underlying causes of your accident and build your case:
- Obtaining the history of the scaffolding’s construction
- Requesting records of employer-provided training
- Studying photographs and video surveillance
- Retaining private investigators if necessary
- Consulting construction experts
- Analyzing all specific safety requirements at issue
- Reviewing Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) reports
- Researching backgrounds of potentially responsible parties
- Collecting medical records and bills
- Learning about your pre-accident quality of life
How We Educate
Client education is necessary at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. With our guidance and input, our clients make decisions that will affect them and their families for the rest of their lives. We never want these decisions to be hasty or uninformed.
Through correspondence, telephone calls, and meetings, our attorneys keep our clients informed about their cases. We let them know what they can expect from the law and the opposing party. We do whatever we can to prepare our clients for the future and protect them from surprises.
How We Advocate
Our goal is to get our clients the best result possible. We cannot accomplish everything on our own and often rely upon multiple resources outside of our firm to help us.
We advocate for liability on the part of the negligent or reckless parties by establishing the legal duty they owed you. We must also prove that another party breached that duty and that such breach was the direct cause of injuries.
To prove the other party breached its duty – and that this breach caused actual damages – we may need experts from disciplines outside of the law to render opinions.
- Industrial accident specialists: Discuss how the accident happened and speak about your present medical condition in relation to the accident to prove causation.
- Physicians: Testify about your need for future medical care and the projected costs. An occupational expert may testify about your livelihood based upon what you can and can no longer do following the accident.
- Economic experts: Testify about the overall financial impact of your lost wages and discuss the future value of your care needs.
If your case requires outside help to get the most money for your case, we will use it.
Call Us Today for a Free Case Review in West Palm Beach, Florida
Consult with a scaffolding accident attorney about your rights as soon as possible. You can do this even if you or loved one is still hospitalized or recuperating from injuries.
Talking to an attorney sooner rather than later protects your case by:
- Avoiding missed deadlines
- Preserving evidence
- Putting you on a faster path to compensation
- Preventing missteps with investigators
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offer valuable consultations at no cost. If your injuries prevent you from traveling to us, we can come to you. To schedule your free case review with a scaffolding accident and injury lawyer in West Palm Beach, call us today at 1-800-747-3733.