If your home sustained hurricane damage, your homeowner’s insurance must compensate you for covered losses. Unfortunately, insurers may attempt to minimize their financial liability by denying your claim or offering an unreasonably low settlement offer.
If your insurance company denied your claim or if you are struggling to get compensation for your damages, contact a hurricane property claim lawyer in Tampa.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provide a free consultation, and we never collect a fee until you receive compensation for your hurricane damages. Call 1-800-747-3733 today to find out how we can help you.
What Your Tampa Hurricane Property Claim May Cover
Your Florida homeowner’s insurance policy outlines your coverage, including the losses you have a right to claim. Sometimes, however, insurance companies try to minimize their financial liability by denying claims, delaying their processing, or undervaluing damages.
You may have the right to seek compensation for hurricane damages that include:
- The cost of repairs to restore your home to its pre-damage condition
- The cost of repairs for other structures on your property
- The value of damaged or destroyed personal belongings
- Water extraction and mold removal
- Costs related to temporary roofing, board-up, and protecting your property from additional damage
- Clean up and removal of trees, branches, and other debris from your yard
- Hotel costs and other expenses related to displacement due to the damage to your home
- Other out-of-pocket costs, as outlined in your insurance policy
If your home was a total loss, the insurance company must settle your claim for the covered value of the property, subject to your deductible and your policy’s limits.
Insurance Company Challenges to Your Tampa Hurricane Property Claim
In the aftermath of widespread hurricane damage, insurers face substantial losses. To help reduce their liability, insurance companies may wrongfully deny your Tampa property claim or otherwise interfere with your right to recover compensation for your damages.
In addition to the outright denial of your hurricane property claim, some tactics your insurer may use include:
- Claiming you do not have a valid policy
- Claiming your policy does not cover your damages
- Refusing to settle your claim promptly
- Refusing to investigate your claim
- Sending unqualified claims adjustors to investigate
- Undervaluing your damages
- Marking partial settlement payments as full and final
- Requiring you to sign a release
- Making false or misleading statements to you
- Discouraging you from engaging a property claim lawyer
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will protect your legal rights and help you recover compensation for your hurricane-related property damages. You can focus on putting your life back together while we handle the insurance company.
Determining the Value of Your Hurricane Property Claim
We will identify all your damages and use them to calculate the value of your property claim. Your damages may include some or all the following items:
- Property repair or replacement costs
- Covered value of your personal property and home contents
- Fees for water extraction, mold removal, and other disaster remediation services
- Expenses for boarding up and securing your home
- Loss-of-use expenses (hotel, food, transportation, etc.)
- Reimbursement for personal property items you’ve already replaced
- Other covered direct or out-of-pocket expenses
If your home suffered damages that cannot be repaired, we will calculate your claim based on the limits of your policy, less your deductible.
Once we determine the total amount of your claim, we will submit it to the insurance company and push for a quick resolution.
The Benefits of Working With a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer
When you allow the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to handle your hurricane damage claim, you can rest assured we will pursue maximum compensation for your damages. We understand how important it is to get your settlement quickly, so you can put your life back on track.
Our lawyers assist you in the following ways:
Preparing & Submitting Your Original Hurricane Property Claim
We will investigate and document your claim thoroughly. We will submit your claim and deal with the insurance company and other parties on your behalf. We will negotiate the best possible outcome and resolve your claim as quickly as possible.
Fighting a Hurricane Damage Claim Denial
If your insurer denied your claim, we will evaluate the situation and take appropriate action. If you have valid coverage, we will push the insurance company to resolve your claim. If necessary, we can assist you in filing a lawsuit.
Pushing Your Insurance Company to Expedite Your Claim
If you believe the insurance company is not processing your claim quickly enough, we can contact them and evaluate any delays. We can provide additional documentation or answer outstanding questions, and then push them to make a settlement offer.
Addressing Bad Faith Dealings by Your Insurer
If you suspect that your insurance company misled you or may be interfering with your ability to recover compensation, contact us immediately for a no-cost case evaluation.
We do not recommend you give a statement to the insurance company or sign any documents without first talking to a hurricane property claim lawyer. We will protect your rights to seek compensation and ensure that the insurance company deals with you in good faith.
The Statute of Limitations on Hurricane Property Claims in Florida
Based on your policy, you may have a limited time after a hurricane to submit a claim to your insurer. The Florida Statute of Limitations on property claims also requires you to act within a specified period.
Otherwise, you risk losing your right to recover a settlement. Contact a hurricane property claim lawyer in Tampa today so we can help preserve your right to pursue damages.
No-Cost Consultation With a Tampa Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer
You do not have to face this difficult situation alone. Our legal team will fight for your right to recover your hurricane damages and hold your insurance company to their legal obligations.
Schedule a free consultation with a hurricane property claim lawyer in Tampa at 1-800-747-3733.