T Bone accidents, also known as side-impact accidents, occur when one car’s front end collides with the side of another vehicle. These accidents can lead to an array of injuries, but whiplash is commonly associated with this type of accident. Studies of T Bone accidents show that passengers and drivers are at an even greater risk if they are seated on the side of the vehicle where impact takes place.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a T Bone accident, you could be entitled to compensation from the person at fault for the accident.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Causes of T Bone Accidents
Like most car accidents, T Bone accidents usually arise because one or more parties are driving negligently. Among the most common causes of car accidents (T Bone accidents included) are:
- Drunk driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs
- Driving too closely to the vehicle in front
- Texting while driving
- Making a phone call while driving
- Adjusting the vehicle’s entertainment system while driving
- Taking eyes off the road for any reason, which qualifies as distracted driving
- Running a red light
There are many other ways that a driver can put you at risk of a TBone accident. Victims of these sorts of accidents can sustain serious injury and even death.
Types of Injuries Commonly Associated With T Bone Accidents
Victims of T Bone accidents are often impacted more seriously than those in fender benders or other forms of motor vehicle collision. The direct impact of a vehicle striking another from the side can be devastating, especially if a driver or passenger is sitting on the side of the vehicle where the impact occurs.
Injuries commonly associated with T Bone accidents that victims may sustain include:
- Whiplash, a serious neck injury caused by the forceful, back-and-forth motion of the neck
- Broken bones in the hands, legs, forearms, ribs, and elsewhere on the body, especially if the T Bone accident results in the car rolling
- Spinal cord injury
Your injuries may differ from these, as each crash can induce a unique set of injuries in the victim. Regardless of your exact symptoms, it is important that you understand how a lawyer can help you in the wake of the injuries you sustained in a T Bone accident.
A Lawyer Can Assist You If You Suffered Injuries in a T Bone Accident
If someone else caused a T Bone accident in which you sustained injuries, a lawyer can help in several ways. They can:
- Help you determine who exactly is at fault for your injuries.
- Initiate legal action immediately to ensure your case falls within the statutes of limitation.
- Collect and present to the court evidence of the defendant’s negligence, which may prove that they owe you compensation for your losses.
- Handle your entire case from start to finish.
- Protect your rights throughout the legal process.
A lawyer can handle all the legal aspects of pursuing damages while you focus on recovery. If your case is successful, you may be eligible for compensation covering your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other losses resulting from the accident.
Call Our Team Today
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine goes the extra mile for each of our clients. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation regarding your case.