What happens in a side-impact collision is that the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another. These collisions, also referred to as “t-bone” accidents, can cause severe injuries or even death.
If you or a loved one were involved in a side-impact collision, then you may have a right to compensation depending on the circumstances of your case.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
The Causes of a Side Impact Collision
Like most car accidents, what happens in side-impact collisions can be the result of reckless or careless behavior by one or more motorists. According to the Huffington Post, some of the most common causes of such car accidents are:
- Distracted driving, which could driving while mean texting, making a phone call, eating or drinking, or taking your eyes off of the road for any reason
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic
- Failing to stop at a red light
- Driving too closely to the car in front
Any of these behaviors and possibly others could reasonably lead to a side-impact collision.
Possible Injuries From a Side Impact Collision
Side impact collisions can cause severe injuries, especially if the driver or passenger is seated on the side of the vehicle where the impact occurs. Some of the injuries that can occur from a side-impact collision include:
- Whiplash, a neck injury arising from the rapid movement of the head
- Broken hands, fingers, and forearms
- Broken ribs
- Broken legs, ankles, and other lower extremities
- Severe concussion
- Lacerations, bruises, and burns
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
You may have suffered additional injuries from a side-impact collision. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a side-impact collision, the liable party in your accident may be responsible for repaying what you have lost.
The Value of a Lawyer After a Side Impact Collision
Lawyers can pursue compensation to which you are entitled while you focus on recovery. A lawyer can:
- Document your recollection of the crash
- Help you pinpoint the liable party in your case
- Initiate legal action and handle all legal responsibilities necessary to bring your case to a judgment or settlement
- Protect your rights throughout the legal process
If your case is successful, you could be awarded compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost earnings and diminished earning capacity
- Long-term physical and psychological rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
The circumstances of your case could entitle you to additional damages, especially if you lost a loved one in a side-impact collision.
Call Us Today
What happens in a side-impact collision can be devastating, but our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile for you. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.