A side-impact collision occurs when one vehicle strikes the side of another and can cause injuries such as whiplash, a neck injury that occurs when the neck moves forcefully from one side to another. If you suffered whiplash from a side-impact collision, the liable driver in your case could owe you compensation.
Common Injuries in a Side Impact Collision
Whiplash is just one of the many injuries that could occur from a side-impact collision. The symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain
- Limited range of motion in the neck
- Pain or tenderness in the shoulders
- Tingling or numbness in your arms
Beyond whiplash from a side-impact collision, you may have suffered additional injuries such as:
- Broken bones, especially in the hands, forearms, or lower body
- Injuries to the back or spinal cord
- Serious abrasions
- Lacerations, or cuts
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a side-impact collision, consider how a lawyer can help you obtain justice.
Understanding Liability in Side Impact Car Accidents
Some dangerous driver behaviors that could lead to a side-impact collision include:
- Running a red light
- Texting or making a phone call while driving
- Driving while drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Failing to keep eyes on the road for any reason
If somebody engaged in any form of dangerous or negligent behavior, then they may be liable for your sustained losses from the accident.
Call a Lawyer to Begin Your Legal Case
Once you realize that your whiplash from a side-impact collision resulted from somebody else’s actions, a lawyer can help you begin your pursuit of the compensation you deserve by:
- Documenting your version of events for the record
- Initiating legal action in consideration of relevant statutes of limitation
- Collecting and archiving evidence of the accident
- Fulfilling all legal obligations to complete a judgment or settlement
- Protecting your rights throughout the legal process
A lawyer will aim to prove that the liable motorist in your accident put you at an unreasonable risk of danger and is, therefore, responsible for the costs you have incurred from the accident.
Possible Awards in a Side Impact Collision Case
If your case is successful, you could collect various financial awards. Some of them may include coverage for:
- Medical expenses required because of your injuries
- Lost wages or diminished earning capacity because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
If your case involves wrongful death, you may receive compensation for:
- Funeral costs
- Lost future wages of the deceased
- Loss of consortium
Call Our Team Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we provide responsive legal care and go the extra mile for our clients. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation regarding your case.