Most private employers in Florida must carry workers’ compensation coverage, with a few exceptions. This coverage is for medical expenses such as urgent care, prescription drugs, and other healthcare costs. Depending on your injury or illness, you may also qualify for lost pay and other monetary compensation.
However, some employers and insurance carriers make it difficult for injured workers to get the benefits they may be entitled to receive. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pompano Beach, FL, can make sure that you obtain the benefits for which you may qualify. For more information, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. To request a free consultation, call 1-800-747-3733.
A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Pompano Beach Looks Out for You
Workers’ compensation statutes and regulations can be confusing for many people. You should know that not all lawyers accept workers’ compensation cases. The workers’ compensation lawyers at our firm have helped many injured and disabled people recover their rightful benefits. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pompano Beach protects your rights and makes sure your claim follows correct procedure.
There are several benefits when you have a workers’ compensation lawyer on your side, including:
- It is your legal right to have an attorney of your choice represent you; a right that no one, not your employer nor the insurance company, can take away.
- You may be recuperating from your injuries or illness and do not feel well enough to deal with an insurance adjuster.
- It is likely that your employer and the insurance company have lawyers to represent their side but who may not have your best interest in mind.
- If your initial claim is denied, you may have your lawyer represent you at the appeals hearing.
- A workers’ compensation lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine works on a contingency fee basis only, which means you do not owe attorney fees unless we recover compensation.
We invite you to call our office at 1-800-747-3733 to request a free consultation. The sooner you call, the sooner we can help you through the workers’ compensation claims process.
Potential Benefits in Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
Workplace accidents and injuries happen in every profession and industry. In 2017, more than 2.8 million Americans suffered workplace injuries or illness, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Many of these injuries occurred in the areas of healthcare, social aid, retail trade, and manufacturing.
According to Florida’s Division of Worker’s Compensation, your benefits may include:
- Medical bills.
- Medical mileage reimbursement (to and from the doctor, pharmacy, and therapy).
- Indemnity benefits if you cannot work for more than seven days.
- Temporary total disability with up to 80 percent reimbursement.
- Temporary partial disability with up to 80 percent reimbursement.
- Impairment benefits based upon a maximum medical improvement exam.
A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pompano Beach will make sure that your employer and the insurance carrier fulfill their obligations.
What You Can Expect in a Typical Workers’ Compensation Case
Your first action after a workplace injury or accident is to get medical care. Then, tell your supervisor as soon as you can. If you were critically injured, have a friend or family member call your supervisor. You have 30 days to report a work-related injury or illness.
Here is what you can expect to happen after you receive medical care and report the incident:
- Your supervisor is legally obligated to call the insurance company within seven days of when you reported the accident or injury.
- About three to five days after your employer calls the insurance company, you will get a letter with forms that must be signed for you to get benefits, including a release of your medical records and a fraud awareness statement.
- Depending on the extent of your injuries, you might qualify for temporary total or partial disability pay and other monetary compensation.
You do not want to take chances with your health or your financial stability. It costs nothing for you to talk to a member of our team about your workers’ compensation claim, but it could cost you hundreds or thousands if you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to receive. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
You Have Options Even if Your Initial Claim Is Denied
Please do not get discouraged if your first claim is denied. Some employers and insurance companies look for ways to save money by denying or minimizing your injuries. This is not fair to you. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pompano Beach, FL, can recognize these unscrupulous tactics. An attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can negotiate with the insurance adjuster if they make a lowball offer.
Legal Representation in a Workers’ Compensation Appeals Hearing
The insurance company has a limited time to deny medical and monetary benefits. You have the right to appeal this decision, and to have a workers’ compensation lawyer of your choosing to represent you.
Facing a hearing board or a workers’ compensation judge can be intimidating. If you are not feeling your best physically or emotionally, it can be downright frightening. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pompano Beach, FL, will be your strong legal advocate. It is our goal to get you the workers’ compensation benefits that you may be entitled to receive.
We Go the Extra Mile for Our Clients
Our personal injury firm is devoted to one thing: making our clients whole. Our legal team does all we can to recover compensation for your injuries and damages. A workers’ compensation attorney from our firm will be assigned to your case and keep you informed through each phase. You do not pay attorney fees unless and until we successfully recover compensation.
Please do not go through the complex and stressful process of a workers’ compensation case alone. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.