You might need the services of a storm loss property claim lawyer in Pensacola if you feel your homeowner’s insurance company is treating you unfairly. The most common complaint in these situations are that the insurer is trying to pay you less money than you deserve, is taking too long to process your claim, or has denied your claim.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you navigate through the claims process and advocate for you. We go the extra mile for our clients. We pride ourselves on delivering responsive legal care. Call us today at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free case evaluation.
What to Do After Storm Damage in Pensacola
One common reason that insurance companies use to deny coverage is to claim you did not do what you were supposed to do after the storm.
The exact measures you should take will depend on the facts of your situation. Here are some suggested steps to take to protect your claim:
- Contact your insurance company to notify them of the damage. Some insurers have tried to deny claims if the homeowner did not call the insurance company on the same day as the loss, even if the policyholder was busy dealing with the crisis then and called the insurer the next day.
- Capture evidence before the opportunity goes away. Things can change quickly after a storm. Take photographs of the interior and exterior damage as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Talk to a storm loss claim lawyer right away. Working with a lawyer from the early stages of your claim can help you avoid problems and make the claims process go more smoothly. You do not have to wait to get the help of a lawyer.
- Prevent additional losses. Unless the insurer sends out a crew to board up broken windows or put tarps over holes in the roof or walls, you should take reasonable steps to protect the property from further damage. If you do not do so, the insurer might deny payment for secondary losses that were avoidable.
- Hold onto evidence that proves your other losses. You might have to seek other lodging and buy some clothes or other items that were destroyed in the storm. If this happens, keep your receipts for reimbursement. The extent that your insurer will pay for these things will depend on the terms of your policy.
Every situation is unique. You should take the steps that are reasonable and necessary after you experience storm damage. For a storm loss property claim lawyer in Pensacola, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free case evaluation.
Storm Damage Is Much More Than Hurricanes
You might think that your homeowner’s insurance addresses damage from hurricanes, but, depending on the language of your policy, you can have protection from many other weather and climate disasters in addition to hurricanes.
A lightning strike can cause your house to catch on fire. High winds can take off your roof. A tornado can uproot a tree and hurl it into the side of your house. Storm surge can cause as much damage as a hurricane. We can read your homeowner’s policy and explain what types of damage it covers and what it excludes.
Avoid These Mistakes After Pensacola Storm Damage
Sometimes the wording you use on your claim form can cause the insurance adjuster to deny your claim, even if he would have approved the claim if you had used a synonym instead. We can make sure that the claim gets worded carefully to avoid this problem. Other common mistakes that can hurt your claim include:
- Giving up: sometimes people are so disheartened after a significant storm loss that they accept whatever the insurance company decides, even if that result is far less than they deserve. We understand that it can be overwhelming to deal with rebuilding your life at the same time that you have to fight your own insurer. When we take care of your storm damage claim, you can focus on the other things that you need to do.
- Missing a deadline: if you are consumed with trying to deal with the aftermath of the storm, you might lose track of time, particularly if you or a loved one got injured during the storm. Getting a lawyer on board right away can help you avoid missing deadlines.
- Using the wrong form: if you hired a professional to appraise the damage or write a repair estimate, that person might send the information to the insurance company using the professional’s standard template instead of the insurance company’s form. Some insurance companies will deny a claim for this reason, even if the professional’s document contains all the information that the insurer requires.
- Not understanding the details of your policy: your homeowner’s policy likely excludes coverage for flood damage. If your house sustained water damage from the storm, the insurer might deny coverage, saying that the damage was from flooding. Standard homeowner’s insurance covers some forms of water damage and not others. A lawyer can help you understand if your damage is a covered loss, despite what the adjuster says.
These examples are but a few of the missteps that can really cost you when you have storm damage.
How a Lawyer Can Help with Your Storm Damage Property Loss Claim in Pensacola
Working with a lawyer can help you avoid the pitfalls that can happen when you try to take on an insurance company on your own. You can even the playing field by having a storm damage property loss claim lawyer fighting for you.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we deliver personal, attentive service to our clients. You can focus on taking care of your job and your family, knowing that we are handling your insurance claim. You will not feel like a number with us. Your case matters to us. We will take on the insurance company to get you the compensation that you deserve. So, if you need a storm loss property claim lawyer in Pensacola because your insurer refuses to pay a reasonable amount for your loss, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Call us today at 1 (800) 747-3733 to get started.