According to the U.S. Department of Labor, more than 2.8 million American workers reported occupational injuries or illnesses in 2017. More than one-third needed time off to recover.
Workers’ compensation is supposed to lift the burden of medical expenses and other losses for injured or sick employees. Unfortunately, some employers and insurance companies make collecting these benefits nearly impossible. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pembroke Pines, FL will protect your rights and help make sure you get the benefits you are entitled to receive. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
Process for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
As workers’ compensation lawyers in Pembroke Pines, FL we have helped many injured workers through this process. It is our goal to make sure that you receive the appropriate medical benefits, lost wages, and other benefits according to your injury, illness, and expected prognosis.
This may be the first time that you have needed workers’ compensation benefits. A workers’ compensation attorney in Pembroke Pines, FL will be with you through each step of this process.
A typical workers’ compensation claim often begins like this:
- You are injured or become ill at work.
- You report the injury, accident, or illness to your supervisor within 30 days, preferably sooner.
- You seek medical attention, often from a medical provider selected by your employer.
- You follow all instructions for treatment, including physical therapy, prescription drugs, and other medical instructions.
- You keep any out-of-pocket bills related to the workplace accident or injury.
It is up to your employer to file a workers’ compensation claim on your behalf. You have the right to see this claim. You also have the right to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
When an Employer or Insurance Company Tries to Delay or Deny Your Claim
Too often, an employer or the insurance carrier will try to deny or delay a legitimate workers’ compensation claim. They do not realize that you may have doctor’s bills and other related expenses. If you have not been able to work, you might not be getting a regular paycheck. This can add up to a huge financial burden.
Some employers or insurance carriers will use tactics like these to make it difficult for you to get workers’ compensation benefits:
- Delay sending in the initial claim.
- Downplay the extent or severity of your injuries or illness.
- Deny that your injury or illness is work-related and, instead, developed prior to your employment or when you were not working.
- Retaliate or threaten to retaliate by demoting you or unfairly cutting your pay.
These tactics are unscrupulous, and, in some instances, illegal. You deserve to know your legal rights.
We Help You Recover Potential Benefits
A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pembroke Pines can help cut through the red tape and get you the benefits you may be entitled to receive. Since 2006, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine have helped thousands of injured and disabled clients recover compensation for medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other damages. A workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm will be your legal advocate.
A workers’ compensation lawyer can:
- File necessary documents to meet required deadlines.
- Communicate with the insurance company while you are recuperating.
- Keep you updated on your claim.
- Represent you at an appeal hearing if your claim is initially denied.
- Review the terms, conditions, and compensation for disability claims.
- Help surviving family members recover available death benefits.
- Ensure legal protocol is followed.
Please do not take chances with your physical or financial well-being. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine invite you to call us today at 1-800-747-3733. We are happy to offer a free consultation.
You Have the Right to Appeal If Your Claim Is Denied
Many workers successfully petition a denied claim at a hearing with the Florida Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. You are entitled to seek an appeal if your claim is denied. While you do not have to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer for an appeal, it can be a stressful and complicated process.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has workers’ compensation lawyers who know Florida statutes and will make sure that you do not miss an important deadline. It can also be intimidating for many people to speak about their injuries and finances in public. A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pembroke Pines, FL will speak on your behalf and fight for the benefits that you might be entitled to receive.
When to Consider a Lawsuit
It is our goal to get your workers’ compensation benefits as quickly as possible. A workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm can usually negotiate an acceptable settlement for your medical bills, lost pay, and other damages. However, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can also take your case to trial when other options are exhausted.
You should keep in mind that Florida has a statute of limitations on lawsuits, including:
- Two years for workers’ compensation lawsuits
- Two years for wrongful death lawsuits
- Four years for personal injury lawsuits
A workers’ compensation lawyer can file a lawsuit in such circumstances as:
- Your workers’ compensation claim is denied after a hearing to the Appeals Board.
- Your employer is exempt from workers’ compensation and you are seeking recovery for damages.
- Your employer tried to demote you or terminate your employment because you filed a workers’ compensation claim.
- You are the surviving family members of a loved one seeking benefits through a wrongful death claim.
Call for a Responsive Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
A workers’ compensation lawyer in Pembroke Pines, FL will protect your rights and help ensure you receive the benefits you deserve. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.