ParaGard® can make you infertile through conditions brought on by serious side effects. The ParaGard® intrauterine device (IUD) may cause conditions such as pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), which can lead to infertility, per the Mayo Clinic. Infertility is not the only health risk known to come from installation of a ParaGard® intrauterine device, and if you have endured adverse health effects because of any IUD, you may have recourse to recover your losses.
The ParaGard® IUD May Come with Unwelcome Side Effects
Women who have a ParaGard® intrauterine device implanted generally do so to avoid pregnancy, but they may be in for side effects that they were either:
- Not made completely aware of.
- Not prepared for the consequences of.
According to the safety information for Paragard®, some of the side effects of the device may include:
- The onset of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), a potentially serious ailment that can cause infertility, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, among other unpleasant health complications.
- Dislodging of the device, in which case it may lose its pregnancy-stifling effect and could also cause health problems.
- Puncturing or tearing of the uterine wall and, in some cases, nearby body parts (potentially including reproductive organs).
- Lodging of the IUD in the uterus, which could mean the necessity of surgery to remove the device.
Those who have a ParaGard® hope to have a semi-permanent form of birth control, but sometimes they fall victim to negligence that puts their immediate and reproductive health at risk.
Paragard®-Related Health Complications May Be Due to Negligence
In certain cases where a ParaGard® device is responsible for health problems, there may be one or more forms of negligence at play. Negligence may arise from:
- The design of the device
- The manufacturing of a specific device
- The way that the device was implanted
- The way that you were monitored after the device was implanted
This means that parties who could be responsible for your ParaGard®-related health problems may include:
- The manufacturer of your ParaGard® device
- A medical professional who installed your device
- A doctor who oversaw your reproductive health
If you want to explore a possible lawsuit regarding the harm you suffered because of a ParaGard® IUD, you may reach out to a law firm to learn more.
A Lawyer May Lead Your Paragard® Lawsuit
If you have been injured because of a ParaGard® IUD, then you may:
- Have suffered significant losses.
- Have had your health put at avoidable risk.
- Have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit.
If you choose to proceed with legal action, you could be able to recover compensation for losses such as:
- The cost of the IUD that caused your injury
- The cost of services from anybody deemed negligent
- The cost of medical care stemming from IUD-related injuries
- Income you have lost while recovering from your injuries
- Pain and suffering
A lawyer may be able to handle your legal needs from your initial consultation until your lawsuit is complete.
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
ParaGard® can make you infertile through serious conditions brought on by side effects. We offer responsive legal care and will help you pursue any compensation that you could be entitled to because of a defective IUD or negligent medical care. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.