You or a loved one may have the ability to file a lawsuit against the makers of Paragard, an intrauterine device (IUD), if you have suffered health complications as a result of its implementation. The basis of these Paragard IUD lawsuits is that Paragard’s manufacturer does not provide sufficient warning of its product’s hazards.
The Paragard IUD can cause:
- Lifelong infertility
- Heavy bleeding
- Perforation of the uterine wall
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
The device can even break apart inside the body. As a result of these dangers, some women have required surgery to remove broken pieces of the device. If claimants are able to establish that they have suffered harm from the IUD as a result of its makers’ negligence, they may be able to seek financial recovery.
Call a Lawyer to Help You with Your Case
If you have been injured or developed an illness because of a Paragard IUD device, you already know what a toll such circumstances can take.
You may have experienced significant adverse consequences because of a Paragard IUD, possibly including:
- Serious health problems
- Unexpected, emergency medical treatment
- Time off from work that you may not be able to afford
- Personal trauma that may have also affected any family that you have
You did not deserve any of these hardships, or any other problems that have arisen because of a Paragard IUD. Turn to a lawyer to help you take the first steps in pursuing any financial awards to which you may be entitled.
A Lawyer Can Provide Invaluable Legal Services
Injuries incurred under any circumstance can be traumatic, time-consuming, and expensive. A lawyer can help you obtain a financial settlement, whether it be before a judge or outside of court. There are several ways that a lawyer may be able to assist you.
They can start by:
- Conducting a consultation with you at no cost, in which you will tell them about your Paragard IUD and any resulting injuries, infections, or illnesses
- Determining whether you are a good candidate to file a lawsuit based on the details of your situation
From here, you may choose to move forward with legal action, with the ultimate goal of obtaining compensation.
Your legal team can work toward this end by:
- Establishing a clear record of how you were harmed
- Filing your claim to the appropriate offices
- Reaching out to any medical professionals that may provide insight into your case
- Interviewing any witnesses that can attest to your losses
- Serving as your legal representative from the beginning to the completion of your case
- Ensuring that your rights are protected throughout the legal process
Your lawyer can create and present a case on your behalf, using the details of your situation as their guide. If your claim is successful, you may receive compensation that could help offset the cost of your expenses.
Possible Awards in a Paragard IUD Lawsuit
The details of any lawsuit are critical to projecting possible awards.
With this in mind, some of the compensation that you may collect could include coverage for:
- Medical treatment you required because of subsequent health complications
- Any mental anguish that has resulted from your afflictions
- Any income that you have lost due to time off work
- The cost of having the Paragard IUD implanted
- The cost of having your Paragard IUD removed, especially in the case of an emergency
There is only one question to ask yourself if you are considering filing a Paragard IUD lawsuit: Did I suffer harm because of this device?
If you have, then you should consider calling a legal professional to discuss your eligibility for compensation. Depending on when you suffered these health complications and when the device was implanted may play a role in how long you have to act. Working with a lawyer can help to make sure that your case falls before your state’s statute of limitations.
Call Our Team at the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine Today
The dedicated team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are committed to advocating for your legal rights as you move forward with action against the makers of Paragard. We provide responsive, compassionate care for our clients by doing what we can to promote their case’s success. Additionally, our team works on a contingency basis. When we begin our working relationship, there are no start-up costs or hidden fees. We only get paid at the conclusion of your case if we get compensation on your behalf. If you or a loved one suffered health complications from a Paragard IUD, you may be able to file a lawsuit.
To begin your free case review, call us today at 1-800-747-3733.