If your property was damaged in a Panama City storm, you deserve to recover compensation for all your losses. A storm loss property claim lawyer in Panama City from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you prepare and file your claim as well as fight for your right to compensation if your insurance company has denied or undervalued your claim.
Call us today for a free review claim review and consultation: 1 (800) 747-3733.
Types of Storm Damage
Different storms tend to “specialize” in certain types of damage. For example, hailstorms typically generate the greatest amount of damage to motor vehicles and property exteriors, resulting in roof damage, window damage, siding damage, motor vehicle damage, and shingle damage.
A tornado’s high winds and flying debris are what serves up the most damage in this type of storm. Lightning storms can strike trees and start fires that burn properties and prompt power failures.
Meanwhile, the devastation with flooding centers mostly on building interiors. The high winds and heavy rainfall associated with hurricanes give them their destructive powers.
Understanding Insurance Coverage
Making sense of your insurance policy is the last task you want to tackle amidst the chaotic aftermath of a storm. Policy language can be complicated and challenging on the best of days. Understanding the terms of your coverage can be downright overwhelming as you struggle through all the storm damage, preoccupied with the nightmare of getting your life back on track.
Your Policy Might Surprise You
Be prepared to be surprised by some aspects of your coverage. For example, The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation notes that flood damage is not covered by traditional homeowner insurance policies, so you must have a separate flood insurance policy. You might also have opted out of windstorm damage when you signed your policy, an option that Florida insurance providers are required to offer to policyholders.
A storm loss property claim lawyer in Panama City from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can review your policy and make sense of it for you.
What to Expect from Insurance Companies
After a storm hits and affects thousands, insurance providers can be overwhelmed. In the wake of Hurricane Michael, for instance, in 2019, the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation estimated that more than 98,000 residential properties were impacted. Given this sudden swell of policy holders reaching out for assistance, insurance companies tend to delay payments on claims, send partial payments, and even completely deny claims, leaving many city residents to continue in their struggle for normalcy.
How Insurance Providers Get Away with Not Paying
Insurance companies tuck many tricks up their sleeves in an effort to avoid paying out on a claim. Here are just a few of their tactics:
- Insisting that there was preexisting damage
- Claiming that certain repairs are not necessary
- Asking you to sign a release barring you from pursuing losses you discover later
- Telling you that the damage you suffered is not covered in your policy
- Delaying your claim so it misses the deadline
- Flooding you with requests for documentation and frivolous paperwork
- Sending you a partial payment and marking it as “paid in full”
Our Panama City storm loss property claim attorneys know that you paid your premiums with an expectation of coverage. We will negotiate and litigate, if necessary, to get you the compensation you deserve for your property losses.
Types of Losses We Work to Recover for You
Our storm loss property claims lawyers will review your insurance policy and confirm the extent to which you are covered. We will then evaluate all your damage and document everything thoroughly so we can submit your losses to the insurance provider.
Some of the types of losses we typically see insurers pay after a storm include:
- Damage from flying debris
- Broken doors and windows
- Structural damage to the home or business
- Roof replacement or repair
- Fire damage from downed trees or electrical wires
- Destroyed items in the home
- Damaged vehicles
- Clean-up of mold damage
- Damage from moisture that enters a hole in a damaged roof or wall
- Expenses from preparing your home to prevent damage (like boarding up windows)
How We Can Help You
There is much to do to put the damaged pieces of your life back together after a storm. Let a storm loss property claim lawyer in Panama City put their experience to work at accomplishing this overwhelming task so you can tend to your job, your family, and other matters that only you can do.
As your lawyers, the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will:
Review Your Coverage –We will go over your policy with a fine-tooth comb so we know exactly what we can demand your policy provider to pay.
- Collect Evidence and Documentation – This can be a tedious and time-consuming process. Our team will gather every bit of evidence you need to prove to insurers the damages you have suffered.
- File Your Claim – Our team will help generate the paperwork so that you can stand up to your insurance company by asking for what you deserve.
- Protect Your Rights – The insurance companies can and will try anything to pay you less than you are due—or not pay you at all. With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine in your corner, you can be sure you have some fighting to get you the full amount you need and deserve.
- Champion Your Right to Compensation in Court – If the insurance company refuses to play fairly, we will represent you and your right to compensation in a court of law.
Call us Today for a Free Consultation
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free review of your policy and consultation about your rights and legal options for compensation with a storm loss property claim lawyer in Panama City: 1 (800) 747-3733.