An Orlando truck accident lawyer may deal with insurance companies on your behalf, or alongside you, by:
- Advising you on any statements that you must make to insurance companies regarding your truck accident and the losses that you have suffered because of your accident
- Being present with you while you make any statements to insurance companies
- Negotiating for compensation from your insurance company and the insurance company for the at-fault parties in your accident
Insurance companies may have access to significant financial resources, which they could use against your interests.
Insurance Companies May Not Act In Your Favor
The Insurance Information Institute (III) lists some of the largest auto insurance companies today, one or more of which you may find yourself up against in the period following your truck accident. Some of these insurers include:
- State Farm
If you find yourself seeking compensation from one of the large auto insurance companies, or any insurance company, then you may face tactics such as:
- Offering you compensation that is less than what you deserve
- Pressuring you into accepting an offer
- Attempting to make you issue statements that may be against your interests
- Dispatching lawyers
- Stalling in processing your claim in the hope that you may accept an inadequate settlement offer
An Orlando truck accident lawyer may deal with insurance companies for you, or assist you to whatever extent possible in your dealings with insurers—in order to protect you from any tactics that may go against your interests.
A Lawsuit May Be Appropriate When Insurance Fails
In certain cases, even a lawyer who negotiates on your behalf may not be able to secure compensation from an insurance company that they are not willing to give. In this case, you may choose to initiate a lawsuit in pursuit of the compensation you and your lawyer feel you deserve.
Some of the duties that a lawyer may fulfill in the service of your lawsuit include:
- Collecting evidence related to your accident, including anything that indicates those responsible for your accident acted negligently
- Consulting experts whose testimony could fall in line with arguments in your lawsuit
- Calculating compensation that should result from your losses
- Negotiating settlements with attorneys for defendants named in your lawsuit
- Defending your rights
If your lawsuit results in a settlement or favorable judgment, you may be able to collect compensation covering some or all of the losses you have suffered because of your truck accident. These losses could include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Physical scarring
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of rehabilitation for mental and physical injuries
Any additional losses that you or your loved one has suffered may be covered through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or died as the result of a truck accident, then an Orlando truck accident lawyer may deal with insurance companies for you and initiate any lawsuit that you choose to pursue.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation about seeking compensation in the aftermath of your accident.