In the days following an Orlando truck accident, you may want to:
- Seek medical attention, even if you received treatment at the scene of your accident
- Obtain copies of documentation from your accident, such as the police report documenting your accident
- Hire a lawyer, who may be an asset to your case and whose team can guide you through all aspects of your post-accident checklist
You may not want to make any official statements about your accident without first consulting your legal team. This may help you ensure that you protect your rights and leave your options for pursuing compensation on the table.
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Orlando, call (800) 747-3733
Protect Your Rights After a Truck Accident
Seeking medical attention may be necessary after a truck accident occurs. You may be able to do so on your own accord without encountering any obvious threat to your rights. If you do seek treatment, it may behoove you to:
- Tell the doctor of every instance of pain or discomfort you are feeling
- Tell the doctor that you have been in a truck accident and you want to be certain you did not sustain any injury that you are not aware of or have not already had diagnosed
- Obtain documentation for the treatment you receive
- Obtain documentation for any diagnoses of specific injuries or conditions
Injuries that may result from a truck accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), which the Mayo Clinic explains may produce symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, headaches, and light sensitivity
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Deep bruises and cuts
- Damage to internal organs, which could result in internal bleeding
You may want to speak with a lawyer after tending to your health. The 2019 Florida Statutes § 316.066 requires you to file a written report of your accident if it has resulted in an injury within 10 days after any law enforcement investigation of your collision is complete. A lawyer may help you file your report.
Orlando What Should I Do in the Days Following an Orlando Truck Accident? Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
A Lawyer May Assess Your Case and Help You Seek Compensation
Some of the ways that a lawyer may help you in the days following your Orlando truck accident may include:
- Alerting you of deadlines and helping you meet those deadlines however possible
- Referring you to medical professionals
- Advising you before you make official statements to insurance companies
- Informing you of possible insurance company tactics that may be aimed at minimizing the amount of compensation they pay you
- Laying out your options for seeking compensation and assisting you in pursuing whichever option you choose
Your legal team may provide guidance and support following a truck accident, which may have been extremely traumatic and confusing. If you choose to pursue a lawsuit, a lawyer may handle your case from start to finish.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Our team provides responsive legal care and goes the extra mile to pursue the compensation that you are entitled to collect. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation about your accident.