If you are seeking compensation, you may not have to go to court for an Orlando truck accident. You may be able to obtain compensation for your losses without having to appear in court by:
- Agreeing to compensation from an insurance company
- Agreeing to a settlement with defendants named in any lawsuit that you bring
The New York Times notes that about 80 to 92 percent of cases result in a settlement, which may be a possible outcome for you as you seek compensation for accident-related losses.
There Are Several Routes to Take When Seeking Compensation
Some possible routes to obtaining compensation after an Orlando truck accident may include:
- A lawsuit resulting in a settlement
- A lawsuit resulting in a judgment
Getting compensation from an insurance company may be the first route that you explore after a truck accident. However, it might not be feasible for you to receive the compensation you are entitled to collect or need through this option for the following reasons:
- The limits for property damage or bodily injury in relevant policies are not enough to cover your losses
- You and relevant insurance companies do not agree on the facts of the accident or the amount of compensation that you should be entitled to
- You believe that the actions of those who caused your accident warrant compensatory penalties beyond what insurance provides
If insurance does not cover your losses for any reason, then a lawsuit may be the next possible route to compensation you may explore. Your lawsuit may result in:
- A settlement, in which case you may not need to go to court, or you may only need to appear in court a few times before the settlement is complete
- A judgment, which involves a trial and may require you to appear in court one or more times
Determining whether you have to go to court for your Orlando truck accident may depend on which path to compensation you choose or are required by certain circumstances to pursue.
A Lawyer Will Seek Awards for Your Losses
A truck accident could cause a slew of losses, possibly including:
- The death of a loved one
- One or more serious injuries
- The loss of your ability to work as you did before your accident
- Mental and physical trauma
- A decline in your earning power
- Harm to your quality of life, or ability to derive joy from your day-to-day existence
Losses that you suffered because of your truck accident may be grounds for you to collect compensation from parties responsible for your accident. A lawyer may take steps within their power to help you obtain the compensation that you are entitled to.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may:
- Provide you a free case evaluation
- Calculate your losses
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other lawyers on your behalf
- Take your lawsuit to trial
- Protect your rights
Do not wait to call an Orlando truck accident lawyer, as the 2019 Florida Statutes § 95.11 may impose a statute of limitations on your ability to bring a lawsuit. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation about your case.