A personal injury lawyer, and specifically an Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer, is the type of lawyer that may deal with your Orlando motorcycle accident. Personal injury lawyers may generally have some things in common, including:
- They may generally receive compensation though a contingency-fee arrangement, as the Legal Information Institute (LII) explains
- They may handle cases related to accidents, as the American Bar Association (ABA) notes, which is why they may generally handle motorcycle accident cases
- They may generally deal with cases where someone is injured or killed because of the actions or failures of another party
If you have been in an Orlando motorcycle accident, you may want to contact the team for an Orlando personal injury attorney, and specifically one that has experience handling motorcycle accident cases.
Personal Injury Lawyers Handle a Variety of Cases
A specific lawyer or firm in the practice field of personal injury may handle a variety of specific case types. You may benefit from hiring a lawyer or firm that has tried motorcycle accident cases in the past, as they may be familiar with motorcycle-specific statutes and may have negotiated settlements or won judgements from cases similar to yours.
Specific statutes and issues with which an Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer may be familiar include:
- Comparative fault, which Florida Statutes § 768.81 explains may allow you to collect compensation even if you are found partially at fault for your accident
- The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, which is generally four years from the date of your accident, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11
- The statute of limitations for wrongful death lawsuits, which is generally two years from the date of your loved one’s passing, according to Florida Statute § 95.11
- Issues of liability pertaining to motorcyclists, motorists, and other parties which may be involved in your accident
- Insurance-related laws and practices
The type of lawyer to deal with your Orlando motorcycle accident may be a lawyer who has experience with similar cases, shows interest in your case, and makes you feel comfortable during any initial consultation that you participate in.
You May Face No Personal Cost for Your Lawyer
Personal injury lawyers generally work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you may not have to pay out of your personal finances for their services. Instead, any fee that they collect will come from a settlement or judgement that they win for you or your loved one.
If a lawyer does not win compensation for you under a contingency-fee arrangement, they simply do not get paid for their services. This means that your lawyer will fight for the compensation that you deserve, as they have their own stake in seeing you emerge victorious.
You and your attorney will agree to a contingency fee before they begin representing you, and the agreement should fall in line with industry standards.
Your Lawyer May Assess Your Losses
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that injuries or death occurs in as many as 80 percent of motorcycle accidents, and you or a loved one may have suffered one of these outcomes. Being injured or losing a loved one can cause significant losses, and such losses could be your reason for pursuing a lawsuit.
Some of the economic losses that may come from a motorcycle accident include:
- Damage to your motorcycle
- The cost of emergency transport from your accident scene, emergency care, tests and scans, and hospitalization
- The cost of rehabilitation for your physical and cognitive injuries
- The cost of counseling for psychological trauma
- Lost income during your period of injury and recovery
- Lasting or permanent harm to your earning power
- The cost of a part-time or full-time caregiver
You may also suffer non-economic losses such as pain and suffering, and you could be compensated for such losses as well.
You may suffer additional losses if your loved one passed away from injuries suffered during a motorcycle accident. Compensation that you receive for a wrongful death may include funeral expenses, your loved one’s future income, and the loss of your loved one’s comfort, companionship, and guidance.
Your lawyer may take every step within their power to obtain any compensation that you deserve. This may include filing paperwork, gathering evidence, negotiating a settlement, speaking with experts and witnesses, and taking any other action to ensure your insurance claim or lawsuit reaches completion.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
It is your right to seek compensation after a motorcycle accident, and a personal injury lawyer who handles Orlando motorcycle accident cases could serve your legal needs. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation, and do not wait as time could be a factor in your case.
You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.