An Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer does several things for their clients, with their duties varying from one client to the next.
Generally speaking, you may expect your lawyer to:
- Defend your rights
- Represent you during the insurance claims process
- Present a personal injury lawsuit in court, if necessary
- Handle as much of your insurance claim or lawsuit as they possibly can
- Provide legal advice
- Answer your questions
- Address your concerns
Your lawyer will strive to render services that meet the particular needs of your situation.
Additional Services Your Lawyer May Provide
In addition to the general services we listed earlier, there are many specific duties that a lawyer can complete for you or a loved one.
Some of those duties may include:
- Filing a lawsuit or insurance claim
- Filing all other paperwork related to your claim or lawsuit
- Handling all claim and lawsuit-related communications
- Collecting and organizing evidence
- Documenting your injuries
- Hiring third-party experts, such as medical professionals or accident reconstruction specialists
- Interviewing witnesses
- Making court appearances on your behalf
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial, if necessary
In the state of Florida, you have the right to represent your own personal injury case. Yet, if you have never been in an accident before or understand the claims process, you might experience difficulty getting the compensation you deserve.
By hiring a lawyer, you may:
- Avoid the stress that could come from handling your lawsuit or insurance claim on your own
- Have access to the knowledge, experience, and resources that a lawyer provides
- Understand what constitutes a fair settlement offer
- Have an accurate monetary value assigned to your damages
An Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer can do everything necessary to complete your lawsuit or insurance claim. If they are able to prove that another party’s negligence resulted in your accident, then you may receive financial coverage for your losses.
Your Lawyer Will Seek to Prove Fault
The crux of your personal injury case will rest on how your accident happened and who caused it. Your lawyer will investigate the circumstances of your collision to reach a conclusion regarding fault and liability for your damages.
Some reasons for your motorcycle accident may include:
- A motorist engaging in distracted driving
- A motorist driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- A motorist engaging in reckless driving practices, such as speeding, tailgating, merging lanes without signaling, or running a red light
- Poor weather conditions, such as rain
- Poorly maintained roads
- A malfunctioning vehicular component
Your lawyer may be able to identify other reasons for your motorcycle accident than those we have listed here.
A Lawyer Can Determine Liability for Your Losses
Every driver on Orlando’s roads has a civil obligation to operate their vehicle safely. Even though motorcycles are smaller than passenger vehicles and may be harder to see, motorists must take necessary precautions to avoid colliding with another driver.
Some parties which may have liability for your accident include:
- An employer whose employee was involved in your accident while they were working
- A government department or municipality
- A mechanic
- A parts or vehicle manufacturer
Your lawyer will explain how Florida’s laws apply to your personal injury case. One of those laws involves the state’s statute of limitations. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, you only have a four-year period to file a lawsuit for compensation. Failure to act within this period could prevent you from pursuing financial recovery.
You should consider whether working with an Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer can work to meet your legal goals.
It May Cost You Nothing to Hire a Lawyer
Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, as the American Bar Association (ABA) explains. When you choose to work with a motorcycle accident lawyer, they only get paid their attorney’s fees if they win your case.
Rather than being paid by the hour, your lawyer may take a percentage of your insurance settlement or court award as payment. If they do not win a judgment or negotiate a fair settlement, then you do not owe them for certain services. Not only does this grant you the opportunity to hire a lawyer regardless of your financial situation, but it also demonstrates their commitment to your case’s success.
Learn More About Working with an Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
An Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to recover compensation for your medical costs, pain and suffering, lost income, and other accident-related losses. You worry about getting better; the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will take care of everything else.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation.