You may find a good Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer through a few different routes, including:
- Online research
- Speaking with friends, family members, and colleagues who have used lawyers for circumstances similar to yours
- Speaking with any lawyers that you personally know for recommendations
Many personal injury teams offer free, no-obligation consultations. You may participate in such consultations to determine whether you are comfortable working with a certain law firm.
Hiring a Lawyer Is an Important Decision
You reasonably want to make the right choice when choosing to hire a lawyer. After suffering injuries and other financial losses after being in an Orlando motorcycle accident, you likely want to work with a lawyer who has your best interests in mind.
The American Bar Association (ABA) lists several criteria that you may weigh when searching for a lawyer.
Some considerations include:
- Whether a lawyer handles personal injury practice areas
- Whether a lawyer has tried cases similar to yours (in this case, motorcycle accidents)
- What certifications a lawyer has with any relevant organizations, such as the Florida Bar
- How you feel when speaking with a lawyer or their team (do they feel credible and caring?)
You could find a good Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer in many other ways. What qualifies as a “good lawyer” will rest on what you are looking for in a personal injury team.
Your Lawyer Will Be Your Legal Advocate
After a motorcycle accident, your emotional support system may consist of your friends, family, and coworkers. However, when it comes to seeking financial recovery for your losses, your legal support system will largely consist of your lawyer and their staff.
Once you choose a lawyer to hire, then you may entrust them with the entirety of your insurance claim or lawsuit.
This means that your lawyer may be tasked with:
- Dealing with the insurance companies
- Dealing with the other party’s legal counsel
- Defending your rights
- Providing a strategy for pursuing compensation
- Executing that strategy
- Negotiating a settlement or completing a trial
How your lawyer handles your case could be the difference between a successful and unsuccessful outcome to your situation.
Most Personal Injury Lawyers Work on a Contingency-Fee-Basis
Depending on your financial situation, you may be looking for a lawyer that offers flexible payment structures.
Most personal injury lawyers offer their services on a contingency-fee basis, which means:
- Your lawyer will not get paid for their services unless they obtain compensation through a settlement or judgment.
- You may not have to pay anything upfront or out of pocket for legal services.
- Your lawyer will not take your case unless they believe that you have grounds for recovering compensation.
While looking for a motorcycle accident lawyer, you may want to consider how they accept payment for their services.
Your Lawyer Can Identify the At-Fault and Liable Parties
Some motorcycle accident cases are very straightforward. While looking for legal representation, you may already have an idea of who can be held responsible for your losses. Yet, if you do not, there is no need to worry. Your lawyer can examine the facts of your accident to determine financial responsibility for your damages.
Those who could have some fault for your accident include:
- Another motorist. If another motorist caused your accident, your lawyer can review their insurance policy to determine if they have adequate coverage. If so, you may be able to settle your case through an insurance settlement.
- A municipality. If your Orlando motorcycle accident was caused by hazardous roadway conditions, then the department responsible for the road’s upkeep could be held liable.
- A parts manufacturer. If your accident was caused by a faulty or defective vehicular component, you could have the groundwork of a product liability case.
- A company. If you were struck by a company-owned vehicle, then the company could be held accountable for the actions of its driver.
You have four years under Florida Statutes § 95.11 to file a personal injury lawsuit. The timeline is shorter for wrongful death cases. You likely want to partner with a lawyer who can explain how long you have to file a lawsuit and what legal methods could grant you compensation.
Consider Working with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we go the extra mile for our clients. We want you to just worry about getting better and let us take care of everything else.
Reach out to our personal injury team today. You can begin a free consultation when you dial 1-407-500-4000.