In the days following a car accident in Orlando, you may be well-advised to:
- Seek medical attention, if you have not already.
- Obtain documentation for any medical treatment you have received, as well as any formal descriptions of injuries you suffered in your car accident.
- File an accident report or obtain a copy of any accident report filed by a law enforcement officer.
- Speak with a lawyer.
- Contact your insurance company, which you may wait to do after speaking with a lawyer in order to protect your rights.
The aftermath of an accident can be filled with uncertainty, especially if you or your loved one suffered one or more injuries in the collision. Taking care of tasks that may preserve your options for pursuing compensation may be of critical importance.
Make Sure to Seek Thorough Medical Care
If you intend at any point to bring a lawsuit for losses you sustained in a car accident, it may be necessary to prove that your car accident was the cause of injuries you are claiming warrant compensation. In order to prove this, it could be helpful to have documentation of medical care you received immediately following your car accident.
Some of the injuries that could result from a car accident include:
- Whiplash, which may arise when your head and neck are thrust in rapid succession, as explained by the Mayo Clinic
- Traumatic brain injury, as the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS) notes that 50% to 70% of accidents causing traumatic brain injury are motor vehicle collisions
- Broken bones, especially in the arms or hands
- Damage to internal organs
Depending on the specific injuries that your or your loved one suffered, your symptoms may:
- Cause you to miss work for a significant period of time
- Prevent you from working the type of job that you did before your accident
- Prevent you from working the hours that you did before your accident
- Permanently affect your range of physical motion
- Cause chronic pain
- Require expensive medical care to diagnose and treat
- Leave physical scars
- Cause harm to your psychological and emotional health in addition to your physical health
Obtaining as much documentation for your injuries as you can in the days following your car accident in Orlando may be a priority and could prove to be a wise decision.
You May Seek Compensation Through a Lawsuit
A car accident can alter the course of your life in a way that you would not have chosen, and you may be entitled to damages sustained in a car accident. This may include coverage for:
- Pain and suffering
- Healthcare costs
- Lost income
- Any other losses you suffered because of your Orlando car accident
A lawyer may be able to start and complete your case while you focus your attention on recovery.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Our mission is to provide responsive care to each of our clients while they focus on getting better. If you would like to learn more about the legal services that we provide, call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation.