Legal proceedings related to a car accident may fall under the umbrella of personal injury law, so you may want to hire an Orlando personal injury lawyer to deal with your car accident-related needs. Such a lawyer may help you negotiate with insurance companies and handle the legal aspects of your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Understanding Personal Injury Law
The American Bar Association (ABA) lists questions that any personal injury lawyer should be able to answer. It is not coincidental that each question pertains to some aspect of a car accident. The questions involve:
- Interactions with insurance companies in the aftermath of a car accident
- Considerations pertaining to the at-fault driver’s intentions
- The at-fault driver’s insurance status
- The cost of any medical treatment you may require
- The type of lawsuit that you may be eligible to bring
This is a broad range of topics, yet all of them may be relevant if you or a loved one was involved in an accident resulting in injury or death. They illustrate the many ways in which an Orlando personal injury lawyer may help you deal with the fallout of your car accident.
Your Lawyer May Serve Several Roles
You may be in need of several things after a car accident. Some of the general benefits that a lawyer may provide you in the context of post-accident help include:
- Answers to your legal questions
- A checklist of tasks to complete, which may include formally documenting your accident and receiving medical care for any of your injuries
- Guidance for how to interact with insurance companies
- A general layout of your options for pursuing compensation
If you choose to take advantage of a lawyer’s services, then they may:
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Advise you on whether they consider offers from insurance companies to be fair or not
- Help you proceed with a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit if you do not find insurance settlement offers to be fair
- Collect evidence and documentation of your accident and injuries
- Conduct further investigation in search of additional evidence
- Calculate the compensation to which they believe you are entitled
- File your lawsuit
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with the attorney for defendants named in your lawsuit
- Bring your case to trial, if need be
- Defend your rights
You may be able to obtain the compensation that you deserve through an insurance settlement, judgement, or settlement with a defendant in a lawsuit.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Speaking with a legal team could bring you peace of mind and help you chart a path towards potential compensation after an Orlando car accident. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 to learn more about how we will provide you responsive legal care as you focus on getting better. Call now, as Florida Statutes § 95.11 may limit how long you have to act.