An Orlando car accident lawyer can do any of the following:
- Send advice on the steps to take just after your car accident
- Assess the details of your accident to gauge your fitness for a lawsuit if one proves necessary
- Represent you with insurance companies in matters including but not limited to settlement negotiations
- Provide the legal services necessary to complete a personal injury lawsuit
- Protect your rights from any potential violations
A lawyer may offer a broad scope of services, and your lawyer could fulfill various roles as you try to make sense of matters after an Orlando car accident.
A Lawyer May Guide You on Your Pursuit for Compensation
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) notes that there were 31,917 motor vehicle crashes in Orange County—home to Orlando—in 2018. Lawyers in the Orlando area whose practice areas include car accidents may have significant experience with cases similar to yours.
If you choose to accept assistance from a lawyer and ultimately choose to file a lawsuit against one or more parties, your lawyer may do the following:
- Investigate your accident, possibly with help from professional investigators
- Record firsthand accounts of the accident from you and any witnesses to the accident
- Establish whether you were the victim of negligence and, if you were, who was responsible for the negligent acts that caused your accident
- Receive medical records of your injuries and an estimate of how much recovery treatments for your injuries could cost you
- Calculate the value of other losses that you may have suffered because of your accident
- File your lawsuit
- Complete your lawsuit, whether it is resolved via a settlement or judgment
The circumstances of every motor vehicle collision in Orlando are unique. The nature of what an Orlando car accident lawyer can do for you may depend on:
- How your accident occurred
- Who is at fault for your accident
- Whether insurance is sufficient to pay for your losses
- The evidence in your case
- Your goals for any possible lawsuit
Your lawyer may generally aim to prove negligence and win compensation for you while defending your rights.
At-Fault Motorists May Be Held Responsible
When a motorist causes harm to others, but their behavior is not criminal, the civil court system may be a means for you to seek justice. If insurance does not cover your losses, compensation collected through a lawsuit may be able to do so.
You might be able to collect financial awards for:
- Medical costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Long-term disability
- Any other losses you have incurred, which may be linked to a defendant’s negligent acts
While you may prefer to receive fair compensation through an insurance settlement, this is not always possible. If you are facing mounting expenses or other losses, and it seems that you will not be adequately covered through other means, consider bringing a lawsuit with assistance from a lawyer.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Do not wait to call a legal team. The 2019 Florida Statutes § 95.11 may place a time limit on your ability to successfully file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. A lawyer may be aware of these deadlines and may work to ensure your suit is filed on time.
Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation. You can focus on getting better while we take care of everything else.