Speaking with a lawyer is one of the first things you should consider when seeking to protect your rights after a car accident in Orlando.
A lawyer can accomplish this by:
- Explaining relevant laws, reporting deadlines, filing deadlines, and rules as they pertain to your case
- Alerting you to some of the strategies insurance companies use to act against claimants’ best interests
- Serving as your representative in communications with insurance companies, at-fault parties, and any other potential violators of your rights
- Sharing how the state’s statute of limitations affects your case, usually giving you four years to file a lawsuit, per Florida Statute §95.11
A lawyer not only serves as your legal advocate, but they can also defend your rights throughout the financial recovery process.
A Lawyer May Provide a Post-Accident Checklist
Immediately following an accident, there are some measures you can take to promote your chances of financial recovery. Depending on the course your case takes, you may be able to recover compensation through an insurance company or the court system. While the following measures cannot guarantee success, they could benefit your case.
Some steps that could serve to protect your rights after a car accident in Orlando include:
- Receiving medical care for any injuries you may have and keeping all documents related to your treatment and follow-up appointments
- Obtaining a copy of the police report filed at the scene of the crash
- Reporting your accident if no police report exists, and receiving formal documentation of your report, per Florida Statute §316.066
- Not accepting any money from the insurer without fully understanding the costs associated with your case
- Only disclosing necessary information to the insurance company without giving any statements that could jeopardize your case
You should always do what makes sense in your situation. When you work with a lawyer, they can give you more insight based on the specific details of your case.
Recoverable Damages from an Orlando Car Accident
Protecting your rights after a car accident in Orlando can help you recover compensation for various collision-related expenses.
Damages you could be seeking coverage for include:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
If negotiations with the insurance company fail, your next option may be to take your case to court. A lawyer can represent your interests before a judge and seek to hold the negligent party accountable for their actions.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
A lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can take on your fight for compensation if you were injured or lost a loved one in an Orlando-area car accident. We strive to provide responsive legal care to those who have suffered losses due to negligence.
You worry about getting better. We will take care of everything else. To get started with a free consultation, call 1-407-500-4000.