If you have been seriously injured in an accident in Orange City, FL that was no fault of your own, or if a family member has suffered an untimely death caused by the carelessness of another person, you have the legal right to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages. Call an Orange City personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733. We know how to investigate what happened, interpret the evidence, and present a legal case on your behalf to recover the financial compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Accidents in the United States
According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are on average 170,000 deaths each year caused by vehicle accidents, poisoning, falls, suffocation, drowning, house fires, and the adverse effects of prescription medication. In addition, each year nearly 3 million accident victims require hospitalization and more than 27 million people are treated in emergency rooms.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, our primary focus is ensuring your total physical and mental recovery is on track. We can recommend medical specialists, physical therapists, or mental health counselors to ensure you receive the care you need. Once you are on the road to recovery, we can help you focus on the facts of your case and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Our legal advice costs you nothing upfront. Working on a contingency basis, we only get paid when you do.
Time to Act Is Now
After an accident, it is vitally important to hire an attorney with experience negotiating personal injury claims. We recommend talking to your Orange City personal injury lawyer before accepting any settlement offer that the insurance company has sent you. Remember, the insurance company benefits from limiting their liability and paying as little as possible. Your lawyer can help hold them accountable to the full extent of their obligations.
Consequences of Accepting an Early Settlement
Sometimes, injuries don’t always heal as expected. Medical complications can cause additional pain and suffering, and may require expensive medical treatment that can result in extended long-term unemployment and loss of income. Once you have accepted a settlement, you are unable to pursue additional damages even if it turns out your injuries were more costly than you anticipated.
We Investigate the Cause of Your Accident
Negligence is a legal argument in which one (or more) party is held responsible for causing an accident. Examples include:
- A driver operating a vehicle in a reckless manner collides with your car
- As a pedestrian, you are struck by a vehicle or fell due to a hazardous obstacle
- A business owner or facilities manager fails to properly maintain their property, causing you to be injured
- Any manufacturer, wholesaler, or retailer who markets or sells a faulty consumer product or medical device which causes a serious injury
If you were in a vehicle accident, we will interview witnesses, review police reports from the Orange City Police Department, collect evidence, visit the accident scene, examine public records, hire accident construction specialists, consulting engineers, and any medical expert witness necessary to provide evidence to prove how the accident happened and who was at fault.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents occur in shopping malls, restaurants, office buildings, hotels, stadiums, on cruise ships, in public parks, and on sidewalks, usually due to poor maintenance or lack of signs to warn the public that a hazard exists.
Florida’s many theme parks draw huge crowds that tend to create litter that needs to be cleared from parking lots, sidewalks, and park pathways. Water underfoot is always a hazard. Park visitors generally assume that managers properly train their staff, maintain their equipment, and follow common-sense safety rules.
Popular outdoor activities that can lead to avoidable slip and fall accidents include airboat rides, deep-sea fishing, paragliding, water scooter rentals, and golf. While participants assume some of the risks, a person injured can seek damages if the company behaved outrageously by ignoring safety standards or failing to address problem issues, creating what is commonly referred to as an accident “waiting to happen” that the company could have prevented but instead chose to do nothing.
Determine the Nature of Your Injuries
There are many ways our team can help you determine the nature of your injuries and demonstrate the cause-and-effect relationship they have with your accident.
Your Orange City personal injury lawyer will:
- interview EMTs that transported you to the hospital, emergency room doctors and nurses that treated you, orthopedic surgeons, neurologists, radiologists, and physical therapists who provide on-going treatment.
- analyze your complete set of medical records, including X-rays, MRIs, and CAT scans, as evidence your injuries were due to your recent accident.
- conduct a full cost accounting of all surgeries, cost of medical equipment, cost of rehabilitation and prescription drugs, and travel expenses to doctors’ appointments to ensure you are fully compensated.
- calculate the total amount of lost income from missed work, including missed 401k matching payments that would have been made by your employer.
We Are Dedicated to Customer Service
At the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine, our focus is on client satisfaction. To that end, we:
- Provide translators so that any language barriers are removed
- Promote open communication to take your calls, answer your questions
- Track important court deadlines and state statutes of limitations.
- Keep you updated when the insurance company shows a willingness to renegotiate
If you or a loved one was injured in Orange City, call the Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 today for a free consultation and case analysis. We take pride in our dedication to meeting all the needs of our clients.