Bicycle injuries are often severe, sometimes preventing you from working or requiring extensive medical care. If you have injuries from a cycling accident, speak with a bicycle accident lawyer in Miami Beach, FL about compensation.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for help with your bike accident case.
Proving Your Bicycle Accident Case
Establishing Fault in a Cycling Accident
It is necessary to identify and prove fault to recover compensation for your bicycling accident damages. Fault will depend on the details of the accident.
There are many different types of bicycling accidents we handle, including:
- Distracted drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Dooring accidents
- Failure to yield to a bicyclist
- Not giving a bicyclist enough space
- Turning in a bicyclist’s path
Establishing Liability for a Bicycle Accident
To build a compelling case, your attorney will prove the four elements of personal injury cases:
- Duty of Care: The defendant held a legal duty of care to you. Florida expects automobile drivers to respect bicyclists’ right to the road.
- Breach of Duty: The defendant acted negligently, such as by failing to yield to a bicyclist, turning in a bicyclist’s path, or opening a car door in front of the bicyclist.
- Causation: The defendant’s negligence caused the bicycle accident.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of your bike accident and injuries.
By collecting essential documents like medical records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and more, your bicycle accident lawyer in Miami Beach, FL can build a case that proves fault and liability. It might even be helpful to recreate the exact scene of the accident, for which your lawyer may work with an accident reconstruction expert.
Recoverable Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
The actual recoverable damages for your case will depend on the details of your accident and injuries. Some of the damages for which bicycle accident victims may recover compensation include:
- Medical costs (past, present, and future)
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
- Household or vehicle renovation costs to accommodate a disability
- Loss of consortium
Work with an attorney at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to gather the evidence and documentation necessary to prove the value of your damages. Evidence to prove damages may include:
- Medical records
- Wage records (pay stubs, tax statements, etc.)
- Expert testimony (doctor, engineer, vocational specialist, etc.)
You Must File Before the Statute of Limitations for Bike Accident Cases
Your claim must remain within Florida’s statute of limitation laws for personal injury, which establishes the time limit to file your case. All cases must be filed within four years of the date of the accident.
However, it is best to discuss your case with a bicycle accident lawyer in Miami Beach, FL as soon as possible. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 today to examine the circumstances of your bicycle accident.
Why Hire Anidjar & Levine for Your Bicycle Accident Case in Miami Beach, FL
Every bicycling accident is different. The complimentary consultation gives us an opportunity to get to know the details of your case. From here, we can establish the next legal steps to take.
To get your free case evaluation, call 1-800-747-3733.
Help You Through Every Stage of the Legal Process
When you work with a personal injury lawyer at our firm for your bike accident, we will:
- Communicate with insurance companies for you.
- Retrieve documents and evidence to prove your case.
- Compile documentation, file paperwork, and build your case.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement that covers all your damages.
- Fight for compensation at trial if necessary.
Call a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Miami Beach, FL at Anidjar & Levine
Bicycle accident injuries can be overwhelming. You might have a lot of questions about fault and compensation.
If you were in a bicycle accident with a car, discuss your case with a Miami Beach, FL, lawyer who is familiar with the local bicycle rules, personal injury law, and insurance claims so we can assist you in navigating the legal process.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733, for a free consultation.