When a storm strikes in Orlando, it can yield significant property damage and losses. Unfortunately, insurance companies do not always hold up their end of policy agreements, leaving you to potentially take on much or all of the property damage costs.
If you endured a storm, a storm loss property claim lawyer in Orlando can do all the legwork of documenting your damage, filing your claim, negotiating with the insurance company. If needed, your Orlando lawyer can also take them to court if they fail to honor your right to compensation for your losses.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has the knowledge that comes from experience working with insurance companies and the tenacity to get you the results you need. Call us today for a free review of your insurance policy and a consultation about your options for recovering your losses: 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a storm loss property claim lawyer serving Orlando, call (800) 747-3733
Different Types of Storms Bring Different Types of Damages
Although they all share some common characteristics, different types of storms wield their unique properties to wreak distinctive damage on your property. Hurricanes dominate most Floridians’ concerns, due to their relative regularity and massive potential for damage.
However, Florida’s geographic placement on the map, warm climate, and proximity to water prompt many different types of storms that can devastate property in their own way.
Types of Storms Common to Orlando
Thunderstorms – From ordinary cells to supercells and Derechos, the most severe of thunderstorms can bring damaging wind, violent tornadoes, flash floods, and hail.
- Lightning – Orlando sits in what some people refer to as “Lightning Alley.” Lightning can cause trees to fall and start fires that damage homes and businesses.
- Hurricanes – Florida’s hurricane starts June 1 and runs through November 30 every year. Orlando is not a coastal city, but hurricanes still affect the area with damaging windstorms, hail, and flooding, among other dangers.
- Hailstorms – These storms cause a great deal of damage to home and property exteriors, including siding, roofs, windows, and motor vehicles.
- Tornadoes – The damage from tornadoes comes from the high winds, some with speeds over 200 miles per hour. Flying debris can damage property and literally tear a home apart.
- Floods – Flooding can cause extensive property damage wherever it occurs. All it takes is heavy rain with levels that rise faster than storm drains are able to process. Most of the damage is inflicted when flood water enters homes and potentially ruins their interiors. You should note that, according to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, flood damage is not covered by traditional homeowner insurance policies, so you must have a separate flood insurance policy.
- Tropical Storms – With wind speeds registering between 39 and 73 miles per hour, tropical storms can yield significant damage from flying debris and heavy rainfall.
Orlando Storm Loss Property Claim Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Losses You May Recover in Your Storm Loss Property Claim
The types of damages you experience will depend on many variables, and the losses you recover will hinge on many factors, including your particular policy. Generally speaking, many storm damage victims are able to collect the following losses:
- Roof repair or replacement
- Fire damage from downed electrical wires or trees
- Damaged vehicles
- Boarding up your home and other costs involved in prepping your home against damage
- Mold clean-up
- Damage from flying objects and debris
- Damage to the structure of your home or business
- Possessions damaged on the inside of your home
- Moisture damage from rain that enters the house through holes in the roof or walls
- Damaged motor vehicles
- Broken windows and doors
Tricks Insurers Use to Get Out of Paying Your Losses
Receiving compensation from your insurance company for storm-related property losses should be simple and straightforward. Often, though, this is not the case because your insurance provider is a business, and business is about profits. Even if you pay your monthly premiums without fail, the truth is that an insurance company is more successful the less it pays out.
Here are some of the tricks that insurance companies use to avoid paying your claims:
- They will inundate you with paperwork demands for documentation.
- They will delay your claim right up until the deadline.
- They will send you a partial payment and mark it as paid in full.
- They will request that you sign documentation that bars you from seeking compensation for damages you discover later.
- They will conclude that there was preexisting damage.
- They will insist that some of your repairs are not necessary.
- They will tell you that your losses are not covered in your homeowner’s policy.
Our legal team will see right through these tactics and any others your insurance company throws our way. We will see that the losses you recover are exactly what you need.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How We Can Help You with Your Claim
When you hire a storm loss property claim lawyer in Orlando from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to help you with your claim, you can rest assured that we will go the extra mile to recover your losses.
- Study your policy to determine what it covers
- Gather evidence and document to support your claim
- File your claim
- Protect your rights
- Fight for you in court, if necessary
The Importance of Understanding Your Insurance Coverage
Your insurance policy is written using complex jargon. It is not easy to decipher and apply to your situation when you need it. This, of course, works in favor of the insurance company, who counts on your lack of clarity to undercut your claim or deny it outright.
We will make sure you understand your policy so the claim we file makes sense to you. You may be surprised to discover a thing or two in this policy. For example, many people assume that their homeowner’s insurance covers flood damage. Typically, it does not. Windstorm damage, too, is an optional coverage in Florida that you might have opted out of when you signed your policy.
After our team reviews your policy, we will carefully explain it to you. This knowledge will simplify the claims process for you and go a long way toward relieving the stress of the unknown.
Call us Today for a Free Consultation
Call a storm loss property claim lawyer in Orlando with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free review of your policy and consultation about your right to receive storm property losses and the legal options you can pursue if your claim is undervalued or denied. Call 1-800-747-3733.