If you have been in a car accident, you are likely flustered and overwhelmed. The following plan is the steps you should take right after a car accident in Orlando, FL. This plan is meant to protect yourself and your legal interests.
- Stop. Immediately stop your vehicle right after a car accident in Orlando, FL. Move your car to the side of the road if it is safe to do so. Never leave the scene of a crash. Also, if you have the option to protect the scene of the accident with flares, then set those up, or at least turn on your car’s hazards.
- Call the police. Even if you have not suffered any serious injuries, you should contact the police. Having an official police report for your claim can help you later with your insurance company.
- Seek medical help. If you called the police, medical help should come to the scene of your accident as well. If an ambulance arrives on the scene, allow medical professionals to examine you. If you have only minor injuries (or if you think you have not been injured), you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. Many injuries are not immediately noticeable or apparent but can be quite serious. Spinal cord injuries, concussions, and whiplash can occur in even minor accidents and present severe or permanent injuries.
- Make a record. If you can do so safely without putting yourself in any additional danger, take pictures of both your injuries and property damage right after a car accident in Orlando, FL. Visit with the police officer and only tell the truth about the accident. Do not discuss what you think the other driver might have been doing.
- Exchange information. Exchange contact information with everyone who was involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses that are present. Do not visit extensively with the other driver or offer any opinions regarding the accident.
- Contact your insurance company. Notify your insurance company as soon as you can do so. Your insurance company can help you with your next steps regarding how to file claims.
- Begin an accident file. Make sure to keep the official police report, medical records and bills, employer information regarding missed work and lost wages, contact information of all other parties and witnesses, and a diary of your pain and suffering.
- Contact an attorney. To protect your legal rights and for help fighting for the compensation you deserve, visit with an attorney regarding your car accident.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Orlando, FL
If you were in a car accident, you may feel overwhelmed, flustered, and unsure of your next steps. Visiting with the legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 can help you determine exactly what you should do right after your car accident in Orlando, FL. We can help you build your case to obtain compensation for your injuries and damages. The consultation is free, and we work on a contingency basis. This means you pay us nothing unless you win your case.