There is no way to definitively know how much a lawyer for a car accident in Orlando, FL costs before winning your case. Personal injury lawyers typically work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that clients will not pay anything unless and until the law firm secures a settlement or judgment.
By taking on clients on a contingency fee basis, car accident lawyers ensure that clients without the means to pay for their services upfront still have access to strong legal representation. It is also a built-in incentive for the lawyer to secure an outcome that is favorable for you.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
What a Lawyer Will Do For You in the Wake of a Car Accident
If you choose to retain a personal injury lawyer after a car accident, you can expect them to handle your legal burden from start to finish. They will typically:
- Meet with you in your place of recovery to hear from you first-hand what happened and how the accident has impacted you
- Meet with your medical caregivers to understand and document the extent of your injuries, and how those injuries have inhibited your ability to earn an income
- Review any evidence related to the accident, whether it is a video or photographic, for later use at trial or in settlement negotiations
- Speak with family, friends, employer(s), and witnesses for testimonials as to what happened in the accident and how it has impacted your ability to function daily
- Ensure your rights are protected throughout the entirety of the legal process
A Car Accident Lawyer in Orlando, FL, Will Aim to Prove Fault
The process for recovering your losses typically follows four steps. They are:
- Establishing the liable party’s duty of care
FL § 429.29 states that motorists on Florida’s roads owe a duty of care to other drivers and pedestrians. This means that they must act in a reasonably safe manner, avoiding behavior that would put others at unreasonable risk.
- Showing that the liable party breached their duty of care to you
This can be shown by presenting evidence or testimony that the person engaged in any number of unsafe behaviors, whether it was speeding, tailgating, texting, or other acts of negligence.
- Showing that their breach of duty of care caused your injuries
Often, if we can show that the liable party was operating their vehicle in an unsafe manner, we can connect this behavior to your injuries resulting from the accident.
- Calculating the damages you are entitled to
This is where we add up your medical bills and other expenses incurred by the accident and lobby the courts to rectify your losses financially. The exact damages you can seek depend on your unique situation, but your lawyer can help ensure they include both immediate and future costs associated with your accident.
Damages You May Be Entitled To
We often see victims of car accidents compensated for:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Want to Help You
Until we win your case, we cannot tell you how much a lawyer for a car accident in Orlando, FL will cost. Regardless of this, we want to help you. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to get started with a free consultation before the statute of limitations in your case under FL § 95.11 expires.