Being in a serious automobile accident in Meadow Woods, Florida, can be life-changing, especially if your injuries were serious. Hopefully, you had the chance to get the proper medical attention and if possible, made sure to get the contact information of the people involved, took photos of the accident scene, and documented what happened as soon as possible so your memory of the accident is fresh.
You do not have to face the challenges of filing a lawsuit alone. Having the right legal representation may help you pursue compensation for your injuries. If you have been in a car accident in Meadow Woods, Florida, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free case review.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Meadow Woods, call (800) 747-3733
Compensatory Losses in a Car Accident
Regardless of whether you are the driver, passenger, pedestrian, or cyclist, if you have been injured through the negligence of another person, compensatory losses are intended to repay you for a wide range of losses that stem from the accident, including:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle damage
Florida is a No-Fault State
Florida § 627.736 requires every driver to purchase personal injury protection (PIP) insurance to maintain their driving privileges. If you have suffered injuries in a car accident, you may first need to file a claim under your PIP insurance to be compensated for medical bills and other losses regardless of who caused the accident. If the compensation is not enough to cover your injuries, you may be able to bring a claim against the at-fault driver. The statute of limitations—or deadline for bringing a claim—is generally four years from the date of the accident under FL § 95.11.
Meadow Woods Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Compensatory Losses in Florida
Compensatory losses in Florida can be separated into two categories:
Economic Compensatory Losses
- Lost income: if your injuries prevented you from working, you may be compensated for your current and future lost wages.
- Medical expenses: these are the expenses you incur from medical treatments, hospital stays due to your injuries, rehabilitation therapy, doctor visits, transportation costs to and from medical appointments, and medications.
- Personal Property Loss: This covers the cost of any items that were damaged due to the accident.
- Mental anguish: if the accident is making it difficult for you to return to your normal life, you may be compensated for psychological treatment.
- Possible punitive damages: the court may decide that the negligence was severe enough to levy damages to punish the defendant.
Non-Economic Compensatory Losses
- Pain and suffering: if your injuries are permanent or have cost you over $10,000, and you have lost the ability to enjoy the daily activities of life, be a partner to your spouse, or take care of your household responsibilities, you may be eligible for compensation.
How an Attorney May Help
To prove liability in a Meadow Woods car accident case, a Meadow Woods car accident lawyer will gather the evidence, including police reports, photographs, videos, expert witness testimony, eyewitness testimony, and any documentation or paperwork related to the accident and its aftermath. Whether your case goes to trial or is settled before a trial takes place, your attorney’s goal is to get you the compensation you deserve, so you can resume your normal life as soon as possible.
Proving fault in an accident requires proving that the at-fault party failed to act as a reasonable person would in the same situation. Every motorist has a duty to obey the traffic laws and to ensure the safety of other people on the road. If a driver fails to uphold this duty, the driver has acted negligently and may be at fault for the accident.
Your attorney will enter into communications on your behalf with your insurance company to try and settle the case before it goes to trial. Although you can represent yourself in court, having an attorney is very helpful since insurance companies will have their own team of professionals working for them to settle your claim and avoid the expense of going to trial.
In certain types of motor vehicle accidents, one party is almost always at fault. These types of accidents are:
- Rear-end accidents: if you were hit in the rear by another car, it is often. Drivers should leave enough space between themselves and the cars in front of them to make sure they have room to stop if the car in front of them stops short.
- Left-turn collisions: In almost all left-turn collisions, the driver making the left turn is almost always at fault. However, if the driver that is going straight is speeding, or runs a red light, responsibility for the accident is less clear.
If you were involved in a car accident in Meadow Woods, Florida, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a no-cost case review.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Helping Your Case
There are some things you can do, and not do, to help your Meadow Woods car accident lawyer help you, which include:
- Provide your attorney all the evidence you have collected from the accident and after the accident, including all our receipts involving your medical treatment, police reports, all the photos from the accident scene, and anything else related to any communication you may have had with your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.
- Do not sign anything the insurance company gives you until you speak with an attorney.
- Do not make a recorded statement to the insurance company before you speak with your attorney.
- Do not post anything about the car accident on social media.
- Although you should speak to your insurance company after the accident, just give them the information they need and do not volunteer any other information. You may also tell the insurance company to refer their questions to your Meadow Woods car accident lawyer if you are unsure of what to say.
If you have been involved in a car accident in Meadow Woods, Florida, contact the legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free case review. A Meadow Woods car accident lawyer will go the extra mile to help our clients get the compensation they deserve.