Have you been injured in a Margate construction accident? In addition to workers’ compensation benefits, you may have a claim for compensation from the third party responsible for your injuries.
Compensation from a third party can provide much-needed resources for your current and future medical expenses, rehabilitation, pain management medication, and more. A construction accident lawyer in Margate, FL at The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for your free initial consultation and see how we can help you.
For a free legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Margate, call (800) 747-3733
How Workers’ Compensation and Third-Party Compensation Work
Florida construction companies with at least one employee must have workers’ compensation insurance. If you were hurt while working in construction, you are probably eligible for these benefits which cover two-thirds of your average weekly wage (except in the seven days immediately following the accident).
Workers’ compensation benefits also cover all “necessary medical care, treatment, and prescriptions related to your injury,” and provide disability and death benefits.
However, employers sometimes deny workers’ compensation claims. They may allege that:
- You were engaging in horseplay when the injury occurred.
- You were intoxicated when the injury occurred.
- The injury was intentional.
- Your injury was not work-related.
- The injury stemmed from an illegal activity.
If your employer rejects your claim, a workers’ compensation lawyer can help you fight for your benefits.
When Workers’ Compensation Is Not Enough
Even when workers’ compensation insurance pays a claim, it often does not cover all of the damages suffered in the accident. In the State of Florida, you cannot sue your employer. However, if we can prove that a third party (such as another contractor or a machinery operator from another company on your work site) contributed to your accident, you may be able to recover additional damages.
At The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our injury lawyers investigate your claim, gather evidence, and build a solid case to prove who was at fault for your accident. We also prove the impact the accident has had on every area of your life, to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call 1-800-747-3733 today for your free initial consultation and learn more about how a construction accident lawyer in Margate, FL can bring those responsible for your suffering to justice. We never collect an attorney’s fee unless and until you receive compensation.
We Determine Who is Liable for Your Accident—and Prove It
In this first meeting, we will listen to your account and determine whether there are third parties you can file against, such as:
- Another contractor or employee onsite: If an on-site party outside of your own company caused the accident through their negligence or carelessness, they may be liable for damages.
- The property owner: You can file a premises liability claim if the property owner knew (or should have known) of the hazard that caused your accident. Property owners have a responsibility to remedy hazards or to adequately warn those on their property about them.
- A manufacturer: Construction workers rely on safe, properly functioning scaffolding, power tools, and other equipment to do their jobs. When a defective product injures a worker, the manufacturer may be liable for their damages.
- The building’s designer or engineer: When a designer or engineer’s negligence causes a construction accident, they may be liable for the resulting injuries.
Choosing The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as your counsel activates our dedicated team and network of experts who work tirelessly to document your losses, organize reports and receipts, and build a case to get you the compensation to which you are entitled. Learn more today: 1-800-747-3733.
Margate Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How Our Construction Accident Lawyers in Margate, FL Help
Our team handles every aspect of your accident case, including:
- Gathering evidence
- Identifying liable parties
- Determining whether you might be able to file a third-party claim
- Building a case
- Managing communication with the insurer and other involved parties
- Negotiating with the insurer
Navigating the workers’ compensation and injury claims processes are difficult. You do not have to attempt to build your case alone.
Call The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine now at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more about how we can help in your unique situation. Your initial consultation is free, and there is no attorney’s fee unless and until you receive compensation.
How Third-Party Compensation Can Help in Your Construction Accident Recovery
While workers’ compensation will cover your medical bills and a portion of your lost wages, you may be dealing with several other types of losses. If we can prove that another party is liable for your accident, you can recover additional compensation for:
- Lost wages and earning capacity that workers’ compensation does not cover
- Loss of services
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
We understand the devastating financial impact construction accidents have for those injured. We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis so we can proceed with your case as quickly as possible without adding to your burden. You pay us nothing unless we win your case.
Get your free initial case consultation now at 1-800-747-3733. Our construction accident lawyers in Margate, FL and the compassionate team at The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are ready to get to work for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
When to Call a Construction Accident Lawyer in Margate, FL
In Florida, you have between two and four years to file your claim for compensation, depending on whether you are seeking workers’ compensation benefits or a third-party settlement. Regardless, there are benefits to enlisting legal representation as soon as possible after your accident.
Your attorney can help you understand the types of compensation available to you and how to support the strongest case possible. We can represent you in insurance negotiations to ensure that you do not accidentally say something that could harm your claim later on.