Motorcycle accident victims often sustain exceptionally serious injuries—much more so than other motorists. Motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die than occupants of other motor vehicles, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Extensive medical care, scarring and disfigurement, and a lot of missed work time are quite common.
Many motorcycle accident survivors face a long and expensive road to recovery. If you or your loved one suffered an injury in motorcycle wreck, the attorneys at the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine can help. We might be able to help you obtain compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial losses. Contact us today at 800-747-3733 for a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Hollywood.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Hollywood, call (800) 747-3733
What are my options for compensation after a motorcycle crash?
The first place auto accident victims usually turn to for compensation is their own insurance company. However, this is not an option for riders in Florida, where motorcycle owners do not have to purchase personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. If you sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident, you may not be able to recover medical expenses from your insurer, even if you have PIP coverage on your car.
We have several courses of action we can take to help you recover damages after a crash.
If you were at fault for the accident, you will need to rely on other resources for coverage, such as your health insurance and disability coverage.
If another party caused or contributed to your accident, we have a couple of options. We can help you file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company if they have liability coverage or we can file suit against the at-fault party.
Contact us before you try to file a claim on your own. We can help you explore all of your legal options to recover compensation for the extensive damages you and your family are facing.
Hollywood Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Do I have a valid motorcycle accident case?
To win damages from another party, we must be able to show that he or she behaved carelessly and that their negligence caused the accident. Negligence can come in various forms, such as when:
- The driver failed to look before turning, was speeding, or otherwise broke the rules of the road;
- A drunk pedestrian stepped out into traffic and crossed suddenly in front of you;
- A truck driver cut you off because he was texting while driving;
- Your bike had a defect that caused you to wreck;
- Your helmet or safety equipment failed to adequately protect you; or
- The roadways were defective.
Even if you were partly at fault, you may still qualify for compensation. Florida’s pure comparative negligence rule provides that victims can still recover damages in a shared fault accident with the stipulation that the court will reduce their damage award based on their degree of fault. If you were 30 percent at fault for your accident, for example, you can still collect 70 percent of your losses.
If you were partially at fault for your accident, contact our attorneys today. We can help you determine how much of the blame you shared and we will work to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your claim.
What steps do I take after a motorcycle accident?
To protect your best interests, there are a couple of things you should do following a motorcycle accident.
- Continue with your medical treatment. Stick to the doctor’s orders and follow through with all your care.
- Do not provide a statement to any insurer before speaking with one of our lawyers. Insurance companies can use anything you say against you to reduce your claim or avoid paying altogether.
- Take your bike to more than one auto body shop for accurate repair estimates.
- Begin gathering all your accident-related documents and evidence in file folder to share with one of our lawyers. This will give us a starting point to build up your case.
After you contact us, we will begin working on your claim immediately. We will locate the evidence we need to support your right to compensation. This proof can include medical records and prognoses, injury-related bills and receipts, proof of loss of wages, the police report, photos of your injuries, documentation of the damage to your bike, photos and video surveillance of accident scene, and eye witness contact information.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What is the value of my claim?
The value of your claim depends on several factors, including the extent of your injuries, whether you suffered visible scarring or an amputation because of the crash, your pre-injury income, your age and expected work life, and your degree of fault. We will work to win you compensation to cover a variety of costs, such as:
- Medical bills from your hospital stay, surgeries, prosthetics, prescriptions, and physical therapy;
- Loss of wages, reduced capacity to work, and loss of work perks;
- Emotional trauma or pain and suffering;
- Miscellaneous expenses, such as a wheel chair, lifts or ramps to accommodate a disability, specialized transportation costs, and in-home help;
- The effect of your injuries on your relationships, career, and overall quality of life; and
- Punitive damages in cases where the other party willfully caused harm or acted in a particularly reckless way.
Our firm can calculate the total value of your claim, including current and future damages. Having a professional evaluate your damages is particularly important when your injuries are substantial. We can use testimony from medical and vocation experts to estimate the lifetime costs of your injury. You do not want to miss out on funds that you deserve.
Call for a free consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Hollywood.
At the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine, our personal injury attorneys are passionate about helping motorcycle accident victims and their families during their most difficult times. We can advise you of the best recovery options for your case, walk you through the claims process, and diligently work to secure the highest settlement or verdict possible.
Contact us at 800-747-3733 today and request a free case analysis for your motorcycle accident claim.