No one wants to hear their insurance company has denied their property claim, but a denial is not the last word in the matter. If Florida Peninsula Insurance will not pay the full value of your claim, or even worse — has outright refused to pay — you can take further action. A denied Florida Peninsula property claim lawyer will help you take the necessary steps to dispute the denial and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
If you received a denial of your Florida Peninsula property claim, do not give up. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation. We will work with you to determine the best course for getting you the compensation you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a denied peninsula property claim lawyer serving Florida, call (800) 747-3733
Why Florida Peninsula May Have Denied Your Claim
Insurance companies are not out to “get you” but they will do everything they can to minimize what they must pay out for claims. Common reasons for claim denials include:
- Unmet deductible: Your insurer will not pay for anything until you reach your deductible for the year, e.g., your deductible is $2,000 but your repairs are $1,500.
- Inaccurate application: If anything on your application or claim is inaccurate, your insurer has the right to deny your claim.
- Unpaid premiums: If you failed to pay your premiums for a given time, the insurer can suspend coverage and deny your claim.
- Your insurance does not cover that specific damage: Homeowners insurance does not cover everything. For example, many people assume their homeowner’s insurance covers flooding when it does not.
- You allowed the damage to worsen: If you failed to stop a water leak or failed to board up your house after a hurricane, the damage can worsen. If you contributed to the damage, your insurer may deny your claim.
- Your damages exceed your policy limits: If the damages you suffered exceed your policy limits, your insurer may only cover a portion of your claim.
The good news is, an insurance property attorney can appeal the denial and may still be able to secure compensation, even if your original claim is turned down. Call 1-800-747-3733 to get started today. The initial consultation is free.
Florida Denied Peninsula Property Claim Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
You Have Rights as a Florida Homeowner
Florida law includes a number of rights for homeowners, designed to protect you from shady or unscrupulous insurance companies. These protections are included in the Homeowners Bill of Rights and layout certain requirements that insurance companies must fulfill when processing your claim:
- Your insurance company must notify you that it has received your claim within 14 days of the date you submitted it.
- You must be notified by your insurance company within 30 days regarding the status of your claim, including whether your claim is being fully or partially covered, requires further investigation, or is being denied outright.
- Within 90 days, the insurance company should be finished with your claim and should have sent you payment, for either the undisputed portion or the entirety of your claim, or a written report stating the reason for denial.
If the insurance company failed to abide by these requirements, you may be eligible to file a bad faith lawsuit and recover additional compensation. A denied Florida Peninsula property claims lawyer can help you determine if you are eligible.
Why You Should Hire a Property Attorney
When they have received a denied Florida property claim, some people think they have no options left to recover the insurance payout they deserve. This is simply not the case. You have the right to hire a property claims lawyer to represent you and your case.
You will get a lot of assistance from a property attorney in the course of appealing your denial — not to mention reducing your stress and anxiety. Specifically, a property claims attorney can:
- Help you review your existing insurance policy and translate the technical legal jargon.
- Handle all the calls with your insurance company and negotiate on your behalf.
- Ensure your insurer is following the Homeowners Bill of Rights and obeying each section.
- Complete the confusing and time-consuming paperwork.
- Work with you to collect the relevant evidence for your appeal.
- File a civil suit if the insurance company is unwilling to offer a settlement or acting in bad faith. While many lawsuits settle before court, an attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can represent you in court.
There is no reason you should have to shoulder the burden of a denied Florida Peninsula property claim by yourself. You are not alone. Let our team do the work for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Start with a Free Case Evaluation
If you feel as though you have hit a wall when your insurance company has denied your claim, it could be time to hire a property attorney.
Your first step should be calling the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine — and it will not cost a penny. We will start with a complimentary case review to learn about your specific claim and denial and answer any questions you have about your concerns.
The Law Offices & Anidjar and Levine have a team of attorneys with the resources to assist your claim from start to finish. We will assist you in filing an appeal if Florida Peninsula Insurance denied your property claim and guide your next steps.
Call Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for responsive legal care.