When your loved one is placed in a nursing home, you expect they will be cared for and treated like family. Sometimes, however, nursing homes fail to offer the care they are legally required to provide. If a family member or someone you love suffered abuse or neglect in their Coral Springs, FL nursing home, you have the right to recover financial compensation to cover damages they suffered.
To better understand your legal options, speak with a nursing home abuse lawyer in Coral Springs, FL. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offer families and victims a free consultation to explain your next steps. Call 1-800-747-3733 for legal help.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Coral Springs, call (800) 747-3733
Understand the Florida Nursing Home Bill of Rights
The Florida Nursing Home Bill of Rights establishes the rights owed to residents of nursing home and assisted living facilities to:
- Live in a safe environment free from abuse or neglect;
- Be treated with respect and have privacy;
- Retain their own possessions in their living quarters, including clothing and other personal property, unless deemed to be unsafe or infringes on the rights of other residents;
- Access to private communications, including receiving unopened mail and access to the telephone between 9 am and 9 pm;
- Freedom to participate in community activities and services;
- Manage their own financial affairs, if they are able;
- Share a room with their spouse;
- Access to the outdoors and regular exercise;
- Not have their right to freedom of religion infringed upon;
- Assistance accessing the health care they need; and
- At least 45 days’ notice before terminating residency, unless deemed necessary due to a medical emergency.
If you believe your loved one’s rights were violated in their Coral Springs, FL nursing home or care facility, you may be able to hold the facility financially responsible for damages. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your loved one’s situation.
Coral Springs Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Damages You May Recover in a Coral Springs Nursing Home Abuse Case
If your loved one suffers abuse or neglect, a range of damages may be available to them but will vary based on the details of your case. Damages are assessed based on the extent of any injuries your loved one may have suffered, their medical prognosis, how the abuse or neglect may have impacted it, and whether they will need additional care due in the future.
In most Coral Springs, FL nursing home abuse cases, we pursue the following damages:
Medical Bills and Required Care
Most victims can recover the cost of medical care resulting from injuries they sustained, for example, the cost of surgery to fix a broken leg caused by abuse or neglect. We may also purse long term care costs, such as if your loved one now requires a nurse to help them get in and out of bed due to the injury.
Recover Finances Lost Through Fraud
Financial abuse can impact your loved one’s ability to care for themselves and your family’s financial security. If they suffer financial abuse, we will work to recover any associated funds lost.
We may also pursue compensation for noneconomic damages, which includes pain and suffering, anxiety, fear, and mental anguish your loved one suffered due to the abuse or neglect they endured.
Your loved one may incur other costs, such as the cost to move to another facility, payment for additional medical devices, and other damages. We will pursue compensation for all the damages they have suffered.
How We Can Help with Your Coral Springs Nursing Home Abuse Case
We understand how difficult it can be to come to terms with the abuse or neglect your loved one suffered. You may be angry, feel guilty, have questions, or become stressed by the mountain of medical bills you are facing.
Let us help you. As your legal advocates, we will:
- Take over all communication, so you can focus on your family;
- Gather evidence to prove the abuse or neglect occurred;
- Calculate all the damages your family has suffered;
- File a claim with the nursing homes’ insurance company;
- Negotiate for a fair settlement, if possible; and
- Fight for your loved one’s rights in court.
To get started on your Coral Springs, FL, nursing home abuse case, call our legal team at 1-800-747-3733. We offer a free case evaluation, to help you understand your legal options.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to Speak with a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Coral Springs, FL
In the state of Florida, nursing home abuse victims have two years to file a case in court, however in some cases this can be extended up to six years. Contact a nursing home abuse lawyer in Coral Springs, FL, to understand how the statute of limitations may impact your ability to hold the facility responsible for their abuse or neglect.
If you suspect your loved one suffered abuse or neglect at the hands of their nursing home, call the Florida Abuse Hotline at (1-800-962-2873) and make a report. Then, consider contacting a lawyer who is ready to fight for your loved one’s right to compensation. Our legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help you navigate the legal process to recover damages. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free Coral Springs, FL nursing home abuse case review.