If you were injured at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation, but the process is an arduous one.
If you are in this situation, a workers’ compensation lawyer in Lauderhill, FL can help you. We can help you with the claims process. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your case. Our team will review your case for free.
Common Causes of Workplace Injuries
Each day, workers sustain injuries on the job. Common injuries and accidents and their causes include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Emotional or mental stresses
- Occupational illnesses due to exposure to allergens
- Collision with an object
- Accidents caused by tools
- The improper handling of hazardous materials
Repetitive Motion Injuries
Repetitive motion injuries are also common workplace injuries. An example of this form of injury is carpal tunnel syndrome, which affects the wrists, hands, and forearms.
Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Florida’s state-mandated insurance program entitles almost anyone who is injured at a workplace to collect benefits.
To be eligible for benefits, the following criteria must be met:
- The employer must carry workers’ compensation insurance
- The person seeking benefits must be an employee
- The injuries or illness sustained must be work-related
- An employee must report the injury and file the claim by the state’s deadlines
Workers’ benefits include compensation for:
- Doctors’ visits, medical tests, physical therapy and rehabilitation, prescription medication, and hospitalization expenses
- Temporary disability
- Permanent total disability
Contact a workers’ compensation lawyer in Lauderhill, FL to fight for your right to fair compensation. Our firm, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, will provide a free, no-obligation review of your case: 1-800-747-3733.
Florida Employers Required to Have Workers’ Compensation Coverage
Most employers must carry workers’ compensation insurance if they operate in Florida. These employers include:
- Businesses in the construction industry that have one or more employees
- Businesses that have four or more part-time or full-time employees
- State and local governments
- Farmers that have five regular employees and/or 12 or more workers for seasonal labor that lasts 30 days or more
Get help from a workers’ compensation lawyer in Lauderhill, FL if you have been injured or suffered an illness on the job. Our firm can fight to get you fair compensation. Get a free workers’ compensation case review by calling 1-800-747-3733 today.
Understanding the Workers’ Compensation Process
An employee must take certain steps to file a workers’ compensation claim. Failing to complete any of these steps can result in a delay or denial of benefits.
1. Tell Your Employer About Your Injury
Employees must notify their managers or supervisors within 30 days from the date of an accident or when the first signs of an illness appear.
2. Seek Prompt Medical Attention
The doctor treating the employee with a work-related injury should inform the employer of how the injury or illness occurred. The employee should explain how the injury is connected to his/her workplace duties.
3. Submit a Workers’ Compensation Claim on Time
An employee must file a workers’ compensation claim with the Florida Division of Workers’ Compensation as soon as possible after the injury or illness occurred. A claim must be filed within two years of the injury or illness or it may not be accepted.
Filing a claim can be more straightforward if you have a workers’ compensation lawyer in Lauderhill, FL by your side. Our injury lawyers put their experience to work for you by fighting for just compensation. Call our firm at 1-800-747-3733 to get a free, no-obligation review of your case.
What a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Do for You
Workers’ compensation claims still get delayed or denied even if you meet all the deadlines and follow the guidelines. This is because employers want to save money or take their time to conduct their own investigations about workers’ claims.
When you work with our firm, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we investigate as well. We look for supporting evidence to back up your claim, and we always work with your best interests in mind. We also ensure your employer and its workers’ compensation insurer are acting in good faith when handling your claim.
We go the extra mile for workers, so they have a fair chance at justice. See how a workers’ compensation lawyer in Lauderhill, FL can help you get fair compensation for your injuries or illness. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733, so we can begin reviewing your case.