The days after a storm can be traumatic and overwhelming. Through it all, you are relying on your insurance company to honor their agreement and cover your losses. If you are having difficulty after a storm with your insurance claim, you want a storm loss property claim lawyer in Jacksonville who can fight the insurance companies for your right to compensation.
For a free storm loss claim evaluation, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733. We can review your coverage and recommend your next steps.
Damages You May Recover in a Jacksonville Storm Loss Property Claim
The losses you recover after a Jacksonville storm will vary, based on the details of your situation. According to Florida Statutes, a few factors that may impact your covered losses include the severity of the damage your property suffered, the details of your insurance policy, your insurance deductible, and the cause of your property damage.
For example, losses caused by flooding is not covered under a traditional homeowner’s policy. In addition, some hurricane insurance policies may require you to pay an additional deductible. These and other factors will impact your final compensation.
Common damages you may recover after storm damage include:
- Replacement costs for personal property, including furniture, clothing, and appliances
- The cost to repair your property, such as roof repairs, window replacements, and painting
- Rebuilding costs if the storm demolishes a structure
- The cost of clean-up, such as debris removal, cutting trees, and landscaping
- Relocation or housing costs, including hotel fees, food, and other necessities while you were displaced from your property
- Costs associated with securing your property from additional damage, such as boarding up or covering a structure with tarps
Note that losses paid out will not include the amount of your insurance deductible. If your deductible does not exceed the cost of your losses, you may not receive compensation.
For example, if your policy requires you to pay a $500 deductible, and your losses are valued by the insurance company at $495, you will not receive compensation. If you believe your insurance company is undervaluing your claim and wrongfully denying compensation, we can help. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free Jacksonville storm loss property claim evaluation.
The Insurance Company May Undervalue or Deny Your Claim
Whether your insurance company has set your compensation lower than the actual value or denied your claim, you still have the right to challenge their decision. If your insurance company takes any of the following actions, or if you suspect they are being disingenuous, we can help:
- Claiming you do not need legal help
- Failing to note damages from a particular area of your property
- Wrongfully claiming your coverage has lapsed
- Insisting you have to pay an additional hurricane deductible that you were not notified of before your claim
- Sending a partial payout marked as “Paid in Full” or “Final Payment”
After a storm damages your Jacksonville property, you have the right to recover your losses as outlined in your insurance policy. If your insurance company is attempting to offer you less than your full recoverable losses, or if you are overwhelmed by the claims process, our team can help.
Our Team Protects Your Right To Recover Storm Losses
The weeks after a storm can be financially and emotionally draining. You may be unable to work, unable to get to the store, and unable to even think about starting the claims process. However, the quicker your claim is filed, the faster you can begin getting your life back.
Here is how we can help after your Jacksonville property is damaged:
- Review your policy to determine what is covered
- Collect evidence to support your claim for losses
- Calculate the full value of your losses
- Speak to the insurance company on your behalf
- Hire an independent adjuster if we believe the adjuster undervalued your losses
- File your storm loss property claim
- Negotiate with your insurance company on your behalf
- Fight for your rights in court, if necessary
You deserve to recover the full extent of your losses, as outlined in your policy. You paid for your coverage for years; now, it is time for the insurance company to hold up their end of the contract. Call our team today at 1 (800) 747-3733 to learn more about protecting your rights.
Contact a Storm Loss Property Claim Lawyer in Jacksonville Now
After a storm damages your home, you have a limited time to recover your losses in Florida. If you want a legal team who can take over the process and let you focus on your family, you want the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Our team is passionate about protecting the rights of everyday people. We know how the insurance companies work, and we work to hold them accountable for the coverage you deserve.
If your Jacksonville property sustained damage in a storm, we fight to recover the compensation you deserve. Contact the legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free case evaluation. We are standing by to talk now at 1 (800) 747-3733.