When your home is damaged by a hurricane, you expect your insurance company to approve your claim quickly so you can make necessary repairs and get back home where you belong.
Some insurers, however, wrongfully deny claims or take too long to process them. If your insurance company has left you hanging, a hurricane property claim lawyer in Jacksonville, FL can help. Our team will pursue the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 today for a free consultation and policy review.
We Handle All Types of Jacksonville Hurricane Property Claims
Your insurance policy spells out the coverage types and limits that you pay for, but the legal language and terminology may be difficult to interpret.
The Jacksonville hurricane property claim lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
Most policies cover damages caused by wind and wind-driven rain. Your insurance may also cover the following:
- Displacement expenses (if you cannot remain in the home)
- Debris removal and cleanup
- Disaster remediation
- Board-up and related temporary protection expenses
- Personal property damaged or destroyed by a hurricane or tropical storm
Our legal team will review your policy and explain your coverage. We can prepare and submit your claim to the insurance company and push to get you a fair settlement as quickly as possible.
Be on the lookout for potential bad faith actions from the insurance company, which may include:
- Advising you that you do not have valid coverage
- Advising you that your policy excludes certain covered losses
- Denying your claim outright
- Refusing to send an adjuster to your home
- Sending an unqualified adjuster to your home
- Delaying sending an adjuster to your home
- Undervaluing your actual damages
- Making misleading or deceptive statements
- Discouraging you from talking to a lawyer
The insurer may issue a payment that does not cover your losses but indicate that it constitutes full and final payment. It may ask you to sign a release of liability. In either case, you may lose your right to pursue the full value of your damages, but a hurricane property claim lawyer in Jacksonville will protect your legal rights.
If your insurer is refusing your claim for an invalid reason, our team can pursue bad faith litigation against your insurance company.
We Hold the Insurance Company Accountable for Your Hurricane Property Claim
Facing catastrophic losses across large geographic areas of Florida, insurance companies may attempt to minimize their financial losses by wrongfully denying, delaying, or undervaluing your claim.
When you trust a Jacksonville hurricane property claim lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will mobilize our legal team to protect your right to pursue legal action against the insurance company.
Our services include:
- Investigating your claim to identify all covered losses
- Documenting your damages to support the value of your claim
- Dealing with all parties on your behalf, including the insurance company, their adjuster, etc.
- Pushing the insurance company to resolve your claim quickly
- Handling every aspect of your case, so you can focus on rebuilding your life
Throughout the process, we will advocate for you and your right to recover compensation.
You have a limited time to submit your claim or take legal action against the insurance company. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as possible to ensure your rights are protected.
Calculating Your Jacksonville Hurricane Property Claim Value
Based on your policy, we will investigate the damage and document every covered loss, to help you obtain the maximum settlement possible.
Items typically covered in a hurricane damage claim include:
- Damage to the main structure
- Damage to ancillary structures (e.g., garages, workshops, guest houses)
- Damage to hardscape elements (e.g., fences, perimeter walls, pools)
- Damage to interior finishes
- Damage caused by downed trees
- Wind-driven rain damage
- Mold remediation
- Water extraction
- Property cleanup and debris removal
- Costs of securing the property
- Costs for temporary roofing material
- Damaged or destroyed personal property
- Displacement expenses (e.g., hotel, meals, transportation)
Once we complete the documentation of your claim, we will submit it to the insurance company and push for the quickest possible resolution. We will negotiate to reach a fair settlement. If the insurer will not make a fair offer for settlement, we can file a lawsuit ensure your policy is honored.
If your home was a total loss, we will submit a demand for the full value of your coverage, less your deductible and any other excluded damages.
Protecting Your Rights to Recover Compensation
After a hurricane, you may struggle to know where to turn or what to do next. To ease your mind, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine and our property claim lawyers will immediately go to work on your behalf.
While we fight to get you the settlement you deserve, take these steps to help preserve your right to seek compensation:
Gather Critical Information
To help us build the most robust possible case for you, locate and provide us with any photos you may have of your property prior to the damage, itemized lists of your home’s contents, etc.
Take photos or video of your damage, if you can safely do so. Compile a list of items you know were damaged or destroyed in the hurricane. If you have previously spoken with representatives of the insurance company, document the conversations with detailed notes.
Save Your Receipts
Obtain receipts for all expenditures potentially related to your claim. Make copies or take photos of each with your smartphone and compile your documents in a safe location until you can provide them to us.
Do Not Sacrifice Your Legal Rights
The insurance company may request a signed release or recorded statement. Never provide any statement, accept any settlement offer, or sign any document without first consulting a member of our legal team.
See How a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer in Jacksonville Can Help You
No matter what kind of damages you sustained to your home, you deserve to have your claim taken seriously by the insurance company. Our legal team will help you get the resources you need, so your life can return to normal.
Contact our office today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation and policy review.