Motorcycle accident lawyers will deal with insurance companies on your behalf in order to seek the compensation you have a right to receive for your injuries and losses. This way, you can focus on what is truly important—recovering from your injuries and spending time with your loved ones.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Insurance Company Tactics
Some insurance companies will attempt to pay a lower settlement than what that victim is owed under the law. Some of the ways that an insurance company may attempt to avoid paying a fair settlement to a motorcycle accident victim may include the following:
- Failing to provide speedy determinations regarding the calculations of certain types of claims
- Attempting to record a conversation in order to use the words of a victim against them at a later time
- Requesting a full medical history in order to find a previous medical condition and denying compensation
- Failing to provide the victim with accurate information with regard to the insurance coverage
- Using abrasive or adversarial tactics to intimidate victims into accepting lower settlement packages
- Failing to move the process forward so that victims fail to meet the statute of limitations deadlines and remain unable to file a claim in a court of law
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Following your motorcycle accident, you may have serious injuries leading to hospitalizations, surgeries, continued therapy, and pain and suffering.
Additionally, you may have cloudy thinking due to a concussion, traumatic brain injury, or simply as a result of the medications you must take for your pain and suffering. According to the Mayo Clinic, a traumatic brain injury can lead to permanent or temporary disability.
Visiting with an insurance company during this time can result away from your healing process. By talking with an insurer, you may also unintentionally provide a foundation upon which an insurance company will offer you a lower settlement offer.
A motorcycle accident lawyer can deal with insurance companies for you through the following ways:
- Make sure that the insurance company’s offer represents a fair settlement amount.
- Conduct an independent investigation into your motorcycle accident in order to determine the correct amounts you are owed under the law for your medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
- Make sure to file a claim with a court of law and file a lawsuit in a timely manner in the case that the insurance company does not provide you with a settlement offer in a timely manner.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. We can help you better understand how a motorcycle accident lawyer can deal with insurance companies for you and help ensure your legal rights remain protected.