It may be worth hiring a truck accident lawyer if:
- You or a loved one were harmed in a truck accident
- You desire to seek compensation for your accident-related losses
- You would like a lawyer to handle an insurance claim or lawsuit for you
You may have limited experience with civil courts or the insurance process. Additionally, hiring a lawyer may help you avoid causing yourself further harm through the stress and time requirements that may come with a claim or lawsuit. You may be able to spend additional time on your recovery if you have a lawyer handle your case for compensation.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
A Lawyer Will Argue in Your Favor
Before a lawyer takes legal action on your behalf, they may determine precisely how your accident occurred. This may lead them to determine who is responsible for your accident, as well as your accident-related losses.
The American Bar Association (ABA) lists three possible standards for liability when a personal injury occurs. These standards may also apply to a wrongful death lawsuit, and these standards are:
- Intentional wrongdoing
- Strict liability
A lawyer can help define these legal standards for liability and determine which forms apply to your case after reviewing the facts of your accident.
When seeking compensation on your behalf, your lawyer can take several tasks off your hands. If you bring a lawsuit, then those steps may include:
- Documenting your accident, including but not limited damage to your vehicle
- Documenting your injuries
- Documenting any other losses that have come from your accident
- Interviewing witnesses to your truck accident
- Hiring experts to recreate your accident
- Calculating the cost of your accident-related losses
- Filing your lawsuit and all subsequent paperwork
- Negotiating a settlement
A settlement may be the outcome your lawyer seeks, as it may provide several benefits over going to trial. Filing a lawsuit may be the route that your case takes, however, in which case your lawyer will be prepared to argue your case in front of a judge, jury, or both.
Why It May Be Worth Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer
At the end of the day, it is up to you whether you believe it is worth hiring a truck accident lawyer to help with your case after a collision. The listed duties of a lawyer may provide value to anybody who plans to bring a lawsuit, and a lawyer can provide similar duties for those who may bring an insurance claim after a truck accident.
Certain circumstances may make hiring a truck accident lawyer an especially prudent decision for you. Such circumstances may include:
- You are physically impaired because of your injury.
- You are not cognitively sharp, perhaps due to injury or the stress of your accident.
- You believe that additional stress caused by a lawsuit or insurance claim could worsen your physical or cognitive state.
- You do not have prior experience bringing a lawsuit or insurance claim.
The concern that a lawsuit will require time and effort, and it may cause significant stress on you is one that you may take seriously. A lawyer may shield you from these strains on your personal life while seeking any compensation that you deserve.
A Truck Driver Could Owe You Payment
The circumstances of every truck accident are unique, and your lawyer may provide a clearer picture of any compensation that you deserve after reviewing your case. If a truck driver proves to be at fault for your accident and your losses, then they could owe you compensation for:
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of medical care
- Damage to your vehicle
- Damage to personal property
- Diminished earning power
- Changes in your appearance caused by injury
- Changes in your cognitive or physical abilities
- Diminished quality of life
- The loss of a loved one
A truck driver may not be solely liable for the losses that you have experienced. Their employer could be among other parties who may be ordered to compensate you for your accident-related losses.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Hiring a truck accident lawyer may provide you the freedom to focus on your recovery without having to handle the many tasks that may be necessary when completing a lawsuit or insurance claim. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile by providing responsive legal care to you or a loved one.
You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-888-587-9581 for a free consultation.