There are many symptoms that may indicate that a back injury is serious. The following symptoms are indicative of a serious back injury, such as:
- Difficulty breathing
- Numbness or tingling in your extremities
- Weakness or incoordination in any part of your body
- Extreme back pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Imbalances when walking
- An oddly positioned back or neck
- Blood in your urine
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Back Injuries Resulting From Accidents
A sudden or acute injury can occur after a variety of accidents. A slip and fall accident or a car collision, for example, can cause a serious back injury to the ligaments and muscles of your back or even your spine.
A back injury is serious. Some types of injuries that occur as a result of accidents include:
- Sprains or strains – Injuries to the ligaments and muscles in your back
- Torn or ruptured disks – A herniated disk resulting from pressure applied to the rubbery-like center of disks
- Nerve compression – Extreme compression of nerves in your lower back that causes damage, called cauda equina syndrome
- Spinal fractures or dislocations – A fracture or break in your spine or disk
Many types of accidents can cause the injuries mentioned above; furthermore, a single accident could lead to a combination of injuries. If you or a loved one are suffering from the above or related injuries, seek medical help right away.
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord damage is a serious back injury. Spinal cord injuries may lead to tetraplegia (also known as quadriplegia) and paraplegia, both forms of paralysis. Spinal cord injuries may result in the loss of movement, an inability to feel sensations, changes in sexual functioning, inappropriate reflexes, or intense pain or stinging as a result of damaged nerve fibers in your spinal cord. Depending on the nature of the injury, a full recovery may not be possible.
If Your Back Injury is Serious, it’s Time to See a Doctor
If you experienced any kind of severe accident, we recommend you seek immediate medical attention. Moreover, the time allowed to lapse between the accident and the medical treatment can affect the recovery process. Legal representation may help you receive the compensation you deserve so you can start addressing your injuries without fear of the financial costs associated with them.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Today for Legal Assistance
After you have received immediate medical attention following an accident, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to help you determine your next steps and pursue the compensation you deserve for your losses. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 for assistance with your accident case.