If you suffer an injury in a car crash, fall in a store, or your neighbor’s dog bites you, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries from the responsible party.
If someone caused you to suffer an injury, our legal team can help. Call a personal injury lawyer in Fontainebleau, FL at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Proving Liability for Your Injuries in a Personal Injury Case
Our lawyers will review the facts of your case and determine what is necessary to show the responsible party’s conduct caused your injury.
Proving Liability for Your Injuries in a Traffic Collision
In Florida, drivers must carry Personal Injury Protection automobile insurance of $10,000. If you suffer an injury in a traffic accident, your own insurance covers the first $10,000 for your injuries regardless of who is at fault.
You can file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible party if your injuries are serious. If you are not sure if you meet the limit, contact an attorney at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
In a personal injury lawsuit, our car accident lawyers must show the other driver was negligent because he or she did not drive in a safe manner. Examples of negligent conduct by a driver include the following:
- Driving in excess of the speed limit or too fast for the weather conditions
- Failing to stop at a stop sign, running a red light, or failing to yield the right of way.
- Following your vehicle too closely
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Failing to pay attention (talking on the phone, texting, adjusting the radio or GPS, or daydreaming)
Our lawyers must show the accident caused your injuries. How will our lawyers do this?
- Visit the accident scene, look for tire marks on the pavement or debris in the area, and take pictures.
- Get footage of the accident from a traffic camera.
- Hire an expert to reconstruct the accident.
Did you suffer an injury in a traffic accident? You may get compensation from the party who caused the accident. Call a personal injury lawyer in Fontainebleau, FL, for help. Our lawyers will evaluate your case and let you know where you stand.
Proving Liability for Your Injuries in a Slip and Fall Case
If you suffer an injury on another’s property, you may get compensation for your injury. What must our lawyers show?
- A hazard existed. Someone slipped on a grape in a grocery store, stepped in a hole on someone’s property, or fell on a broken step.
- The owner or operator knew or should have known of the hazard and did not remove the hazard or warn you. For example, water was on the floor long enough and the owner should have known of the hazard.
What will our lawyers do?
- Interview employees or others who saw the accident.
- Talk to employees to see what cleanup procedures were in place.
- Get access to any video footage of the accident.
- Check to see if a business violated a building code.
- Investigate to see if similar accidents occurred at the business.
Proving Liability in Dog Bite Cases
Dog bite cases differ from other personal injury accidents. Our dog bite lawyers do not have to show the dog owner was negligent. If a dog bites you, the dog owner is liable even if the dog never bit anyone or never displayed violent propensities.
Impact of Your Fault in a Personal Injury Case
Under Florida’s pure comparative negligence rule, your fault does not preclude a personal injury lawsuit. Your fault reduces your recovery by the percentage of your fault.
Filing a Timely Personal Injury Lawsuit
In Florida, you must file a personal injury suit within four years of your injury. Do not wait until the time is about to expire to bring your suit. Our lawyers need to start collecting evidence. Skid marks fade, employees change jobs, and memories fade with time.
Did you suffer a personal injury? You may get compensation for your injuries. Contact a personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for help.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries in a Personal Injury Case
Our lawyers represent clients injured in personal injury cases. We will review your case to see how much it is worth.
Types of Injuries in Personal Injury Suits
Our lawyers know the types of injuries clients suffer in personal injury actions:
- Head injuries: Your head hits an object during a car accident, or you hit your head on the floor or ground when you slip and fall.
- Catastrophic injuries: You suffer a debilitating injury in a truck accident which leaves you paralyzed.
- Broken bones: You break your ankle when you trip over an object, or you break your arm or wrist trying to catch yourself when you fall.
- Internal injuries: Your seat belt can save your life, but the pressure from the belt can cause internal injuries.
Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Action
Compensation you may recover in a personal injury action includes the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Punitive damages (in extraordinary cases to punish the responsible party)
Florida does not cap the amount of damages you may recover. Personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will get your medical records, talk to your physicians, and hire or consult with medical experts to establish the extent of your injuries and prove the accident caused your injuries.
Recover Damages for Your Injuries in a Personal Injury Accident
Our attorneys will work with the insurance company or the attorneys for the other side to get reasonable compensation for your injuries. Most cases settle before they go to trial. If our lawyers cannot reach a settlement which compensates you fairly for your injuries, we will take your case to court.