After you have sustained damage to your home, you may be overwhelmed, stressed, and worried about your financial future. Then, you find out that People’s Trust has denied your property claim to recover compensation. You may feel hopeless and alone.
You do not have to accept a denied People’s Trust property claim at face value—and you are not alone. You may be eligible to appeal your denial and recover the damages you deserve. In many cases, our legal team can file an appeal and pursue damages after a denial.
Common Reasons People’s Trust May Deny Your Claim
If you are facing a denied People’s Trust property claim, you may be unsure what your next step should be. Luckily, most denied property damage claims occur for basic reasons. For example, you may just need to submit more evidence to get approval. In other cases, we may have to negotiate with the insurance company to recover your damages.
Here are a few reasons your property damage claim may have been denied:
- Insufficient proof: You must be able to prove your losses. If you submit insufficient proof of losses, People’s Trust may deny your property claim. You may need to provide photographs or video evidence of the damage.
- Failure to meet deadlines: Florida has a four-year statute of limitations on seeking damages for property loss. You may be unable to recover damages after this time. Keep in mind that hurricane victims only have three years to file a claim.
- Late payments: If you paid your premiums late or failed to make payments at all, your coverage may not have been in effect when your property was damaged.
- False statements: If People’s Trust suspects you are being untruthful about what damages occurred or how they happened, they may deny your claim.
- Lack of coverage for the event or type of damage: Many homeowners may not realize they need additional insurance to cover certain damages, such as those caused by flooding.
If you need help understanding why People’s Trust denied your claim, our team can help. Call 1-800-747-3733 to speak with a member of our legal team and learn more about what a property claim lawyer in Florida can do for you.
How the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help with Your People’s Trust Claim
When you are the victim of a denied People’s Trust property claim, it may feel like you are helpless to protect your financial assets. That is patently untrue. You have legal options available to you, and our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to fight for your rights.
Here are just a few examples of things we can do to help:
Review Your Coverage
Insurance policies are often written in complex language that can be difficult to understand. We will review your policy to ensure you claim all losses you are eligible to recover. Our team will also look for additional coverage that may cover your losses.
For example, car insurance may cover flooding damage in your car even if your People’s Trust insurance policy will not. We will pursue all avenues of compensation for your property damage.
Gather More Evidence
If necessary, we may gather more evidence to prove the damages you suffered. In some cases, this is all that we need to do to overturn a denial. We may collect receipts, photos, videos, or hire an independent appraiser to calculate your full damages.
We will use this evidence to build a strong case for your appeal.
File an Appeal with People’s Trust
Once we have gathered enough evidence, we will file an appeal with People’s Trust. We will outline your damages, show why your policy covers this damage, and push for a fast resolution of your claim.
Fight for Your Rights
Throughout the process, we will protect your right to recover compensation. Our team will ensure your claim meets all required deadlines and defend you against shady insurance practices. We will even fight for your rights in court, if necessary.
Contact a Florida Property Claim Lawyer Today
Did People’s Trust insurance deny your property damage claim? Do you suspect you have not been offered compensation for all of the damages you are entitled to? We can help protect your rights and give you peace of mind. You do not have to face this situation on your own.
If you are facing a property claim denial, you want a legal advocate who understands how the insurance companies work and will fight for your right to recover compensation. To discuss your People’s Trust property claim denial, contact our legal team today at 1-800-747-3733. We can review your denial letter and offer advice on your next steps.