Were you injured in a parking lot accident in Florida? You may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Even if your car was parked or you were moving at a slow speed, you could still be eligible to recover damages.
A parking lot accident lawyer in Florida will gather evidence, file your claim, and fight for you in court. You do not have to handle the legal process alone. The legal team from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. Contact us today at 1-800-747-3733.
Parking Lot Accidents Our Team Handles
When vehicles and pedestrians are in close proximity, as they are in a parking lot, accidents happen. Parking lot car accidents may occur for a number of reasons, including:
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to yield to pedestrians
- Failing to follow posted signs
- Lack of side or review mirrors
- Improperly maintained parking lots
If you were injured in a parking lot accident, you have the right to seek damages. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation at 1-800-747-3733. We can help you whether you were hit while walking, collided with a vehicle on your bicycle, or whether you were in a vehicle yourself.
How a Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Florida Can Help
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine stand ready to assist you following your parking lot accident. We help in several ways, including:
Investigate Your Accident
Parking lot accidents can occur for several reasons and may have multiple causes. The identity of the at-fault party may not be immediately clear. Investigating your parking lot accident can include:
- Obtaining eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Gathering police reports
- Working with accident reconstruction experts
- Obtaining video or photos of the accident
- Compiling medical reports
- Collecting repair bills from your vehicle mechanic
This evidence is used to build a strong case for your right to recover damages for your accident.
Establishing fault is a critical step in pursuing compensation. Following our investigation, we determine who is at fault for the accident and how they are liable for your injuries and other losses.
To establish fault, we will prove the following elements.
- Duty of Care: We must prove the at-fault party had a responsibility to take reasonable steps to protect people in the parking lot. For example, they had a duty to look in their review mirror prior to backing out of a parking spot.
- Breach of Duty: We must show the at-fault party failed to take reasonable steps to protect you and others in the parking lot, either through recklessness or negligence. For example, they failed to look in their mirror before backing up.
- Causation: Next, we must show the at-fault party caused your injuries by failing to meet the duty of care. For example, we demonstrate how your broken ankle was caused by the at-fault driver hitting you.
- Damages: Finally, we must show proof of your damages through reports, bills, and other evidence we gather during our investigation.
Ensure You Meet the Statute of Limitations
You have four years to file a lawsuit in Florida. A parking lot accident lawyer in Florida can ensure you meet the statute and retain your right to recover damages.
If you sustained injuries in a parking lot accident in Florida, don’t face the complex legal process by yourself. The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Call us for a free consultation at 1-800-747-3733.
You may worry that the low speed of the accident means you do not have a right to recover damages. Anytime you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to pursue damages, which may include:
If you sustained injuries in your parking lot accident, you may recover emergency hospital bills, surgical costs, prescription drug costs, and rehabilitative care such as physical therapy.
If you missed work due to your injuries, you may be eligible to recover lost wages. If your injuries are severe and limit your ability to work, you may be able to recover future lost wages.
The damages you are eligible to recover depend upon a variety of factors. A parking lot accident lawyer in Florida can calculate your total damages and pursue compensation. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Contact a Florida Parking Lot Accident Attorney Today
If you were involved in a parking lot accident in Florida, you have the right to pursue damages from the responsible party. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help protect your rights and recover damages for your injuries and other losses.
Do not wait, contact a parking lot accident lawyer in Florida today at 1-800-747-3733.