Only you can decide whether working with a lawyer following a car accident is right for you.
However, you may want to consider getting a Fort Lauderdale lawyer for a car accident if:
- The liable insurance company denies or undervalues your claim.
- You are unsure of how much your noneconomic damages are worth.
- You are not confident in your ability to represent yourself.
- You are unfamiliar with the process of bringing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
- You need help assigning fault and liability for your accident.
Your lawyer can help you address the many obstacles that may arise throughout the development of your personal injury case. They can gather relevant forms of evidence, negotiate for a fair settlement, and advise you on your legal options.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
A Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation
Your lawyer will perform services that help you recover compensation for your expenses. The types of losses you can recover will be specific to the details of your situation.
They can help you recover the cost of:
- Your medical expenses
- The cost of replacing or repairing your car
- Transportation costs, if your vehicle was totaled
- Lost earnings, wages, tips, bonuses, and employee benefits
- Diminished earning capability
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disability
Your lawyer can review your employment records, medical bills, property damage receipts, and other pieces of information to arrive at an accurate estimation regarding your damages. If you are unsure of what your case is worth, you may want to get a Fort Lauderdale lawyer for a car accident.
A Lawyer Can Determine the Cause of Your Car Accident
Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) notes that in 2019, the state of Florida saw 400,863 motor vehicle accidents, resulting in 254,370 injuries. Your lawyer will need to determine the cause of your accident to establish fault and liability for your out-of-pocket expenses.
Some causes for your collision may include:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to signal when changing lanes
- Failing to obey posted traffic signals
- Failing to adapt to inclement weather conditions
- Vehicular malfunction
Your lawyer can review the circumstances of the crash and explain their findings. You may be able to recover compensation from multiple entities. In this situation, managing communications between multiple parties can be complicated. This is where a lawyer can help you.
Call Today for a Free Case Review
While considering whether you should hire a Fort Lauderdale lawyer, you should know that Florida does not give claimants a long time to file a lawsuit. Per Florida Statute § 95.11, you typically have a four-year period to bring your personal injury case before a judge. If you do not act before this deadline expires, you could be forced to pay for your own damages out of pocket.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are committed to helping injured claimants throughout the state of Florida. We understand the stress that can come from building a car accident case on your own. We want to help. To learn about our services in a free case review, dial 1-800-747-3733.