It is completely up to you whether you want to hire an Orlando car accident lawyer for a minor accident. However, a minor accident may not be as it appears. While you may consider an accident or any injuries that you suffered during an accident, to be minor, circumstances may change over time. It is possible that:
- A seemingly minor injury turns out to be more serious than you initially thought
- Injury symptoms could continue to affect you long after your accident or far longer than you expected
- Costs stemming directly from your car accident may be greater than you assumed
- Insurance may not cover your total accident-related expenses
At the very least, participating in a legal consultation could prove beneficial for you.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
There Is No Downside in Speaking with a Legal Team
You may be interested in speaking with a lawyer’s team if:
- You have questions about the legal process
- You want to know if you might be eligible to bring a personal injury lawsuit
- You do not want to make any mistakes when speaking with an insurance company
- You would like advice on how to proceed after your car accident from a legal perspective
- You are strongly considering bringing a lawsuit
You may have other questions, concerns, or reasons for calling. Free consultations are free for a reason: They may be a no-obligation forum for you to connect with a lawyer or their team.
What You May Expect from a Lawyer
Generally speaking, the American Bar Association (ABA) explains the legal basis for personal injury cases, which also applies to cases involving a personal injury caused by a minor car accident. For these cases, your lawyer may need to:
- Show that you are the victim of one or more forms of negligence
- Identify one or more defendants responsible for such negligence
- Show that negligence by the defendants in your lawsuit caused you harm
You can expect a lawyer to complete several steps in the service of this overarching goal. Their duties may also include:
- Conducting an independent investigation and collecting evidence
- Drafting documents
- Filing documents in appropriate legal forums
- Making in-person court appearances
- Corresponding with attorneys for the defendants in your case, which may include negotiating a settlement
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
- Defending your rights
If they are successful in their goal of proving negligence and harm caused by one or more defendants, you may be able to collect compensatory damages. Compensation may be awarded to cover the costs of your economic damages, such as medical bills or lost income. You may also receive compensation for noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering.
Contact our lawyers today!
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
If you are still wondering whether you should hire an Orlando car accident lawyer for a minor accident, feel free to speak with a representative of our team about the details of your case.
Do not wait to call, as the 2019 Florida Statutes § 95.11 generally state that you may have a limited timeframe to pursue either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
If you have been in a serious accident and want to start a lawsuit, or have another reason for speaking with legal professionals, our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can provide a free consultation. Call us today at 1-407-500-4000.