Should I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer For A Minor Accident in Orlando, FL? We do not recommend pursuing compensation for a minor Orlando car accident on your own.

Though you are legally within your rights to pursue compensation on your own, we always recommend that you hire a car accident lawyer for a minor accident. If you have been involved in a minor accident in Orlando, you have two options for recovering compensation for your damages:

  • Filing a claim with your FL § 627.736-mandated personal injury protection (PIP) insurance provider
  • Filing a claim against the at-fault driver

If your accident was minor, the damages may be covered by your PIP insurance policy. However, your policy only pays for a portion of your medical expenses and lost wages. It also does not cover the repair of your vehicle, regardless of which driver was at fault. Often, injuries exceed the limits of the policy and, if you are unable to work because of your injuries, it can become challenging to cover the sudden increase in medical expenses.

Often, when a member of our legal team is conducting a free case review, they discover that even accidents that victims believe are minor may be eligible for a personal injury lawsuit, holding the at-fault driver responsible. To confirm this, we must confirm that your injuries meet the serious injury threshold and that the other driver was liable for the accident.

For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733

Understanding the Serious Injury Threshold

In order to meet the serious injury threshold for the state of Florida, you must have:

  • Injuries that were likely to have caused your death
  • Significant impairment of an important body part
  • Significant scarring or disfigurement
  • Permanent injuries and lasting impairments

To confirm that your injuries meet these requirements, we would request your medical records and documents that verify the nature, severity and long-term impact of your injuries.

We must also prove that the other driver was responsible for your accident and that they behaved negligently.

Establishing Liability in a Minor Car Accident

In order to recover compensation beyond PIP coverage, we must show proof that a party’s negligence caused the accident. We must prove that the driver owed a duty to drive carefully, that they breached that duty, caused an accident, and that you received serious injuries as a result of that accident.

In order to prove negligence, we must gather information supporting the claim. Types of evidence we will collect includes:

  • Police reports
  • Video cameras or still shots captured by traffic cameras
  • Eyewitness statements
  • Your medical bills and records
  • Statements from your physician explaining the severity of your injuries and future medical needs

Contact our lawyers today!

Types of Damages You May Recover in a Car Accident

While the damages you may be entitled to collect can vary depending on the details of your case, some of the common types of damages that victims can recover in cases like yours can include:

  • Medical expenses, including ambulance rides, surgeries, hospital stays, doctor’s examinations, treatments, rehabilitation, and other therapies
  • Lost wages
  • Future wages and benefits if you are unable to return to work
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional distress

Wrongful Death

In the event that one party dies as a result of the seriousness of their injuries, the surviving family members automatically meet the serious injury threshold requirement and generally are entitled to pursue a wrongful death claim against the at-fault party.

Some of the damages that family members can collect as a result of a wrongful death lawsuit include:

  • Reasonable funeral and burial costs
  • Loss of wages and benefits previously provided by the deceased
  • Pain and suffering
  • Loss of support and protection
  • Loss of consortium
  • Loss of companionship
  • Medical expenses remaining after the victim’s death

The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has many resources at our disposal to launch an investigation and build a case supporting your claim. Our team is ready to help and can handle your case from start to finish. If you decide to hire a car accident lawyer for a minor accident, call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. You may have a limited time to act under FL § 95.11.