It is impossible to say how much you should settle for after an Orlando motorcycle accident without more context. Every motorcycle accident is unique, as are:
- The parties involved in an accident and resulting litigation
- The members of the justice system involved in your case
- The insurance companies and agents involved in your case
- The injuries and losses that can come from a motorcycle accident
Your lawyer will need to gather all of the facts of your accident and losses to provide a range of acceptable settlement figures.
Your Injuries Will Factor into Your Settlement
The specific injuries that you suffer in a motorcycle accident will almost certainly play a part in valuing your losses. Your total losses could be the basis for what you consider to be a fair settlement amount.
Some injuries that could occur from a motorcycle accident include:
- Fractured skull
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Severe skin abrasions, which may be prone to infection
- Severe burns
- Severe cuts
- Injured organs
You or a loved one may have suffered serious injuries aside from those above, and your lawyer may speak with your doctors to gain a full understanding of the health-related consequences of your accident.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) notes that injuries, including fatal injuries, occur in approximately 8 out of 10 motorcycle accidents. Your lawyer will survey the costs of your injuries as they calculate your losses. Injury-related losses may include the cost of:
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency department care
- Diagnostic tests and procedures
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
- Physical pain
- Pain-related medications
- Caregiver costs if you have injuries that restrict your independence
- Follow-up medical appointments
- Transportation to medical appointments
The direct effects of your injuries could spawn many secondary problems for which you may be owed compensation.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
The Ripple Effect of a Motorcycle Accident
Your lawyer’s determination of how much you should settle for after an Orlando motorcycle accident will hinge on both direct and secondary losses from your accident. Physical and cognitive injuries could manifest as problems in several areas of your life, and specific harm may include:
- Your missing work for an extended period of time, and perhaps permanently
- Your being limited in the types of jobs and hours that you can work once you are able to return to some level of employment
- Your earning a lesser income than you did before your accident
- Your being unable to participate in activities that bring you joy, or that you consider generally necessary to be independent
- Your experiencing changes in your personality and mood
- Your experiencing unwanted changes in your relationships with friends and family
- Your suffering secondary health conditions, such as anxiety, depression, and addiction, because of the effect of your injuries
Your lawyer will aim to paint a complete picture of how your motorcycle accident has negatively affected you, as the impact of such an accident can range far beyond the injuries themselves. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, then you could be compensated for the losses that have come from their passing.
Your Lawyer Will Fight For You and Your Loved Ones
Whether you were the person involved in a motorcycle accident or you are representing a loved one who has been harmed in some way, your lawyer may make your pursuit of justice their pursuit of justice. In the case that you decide to pursue a lawsuit, your lawyer may:
- Speak with your doctors to gain a full understanding of your injuries
- Organize medical documentation such as bills, recovery timetables, and symptoms of your injuries
- Calculate your losses and provide any evidence available of such losses
- File your lawsuit in the appropriate legal venue
- Interview witnesses and document relevant accounts
- Hire experts to testify on behalf of your lawsuit
- Make any necessary in-court appearances for you
- Accompany you to any appearances you must make
- Negotiate a settlement
If your lawyer cannot negotiate a fair pre-trial settlement for any reason, then they may proceed to the trial stage. You may be able to recover compensation through a settlement or judgement, depending on the course that your specific lawsuit follows. If your lawyer is successful in winning compensation on your behalf, then you may collect compensation covering some or all of your accident-related losses.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Hiring an Orlando motorcycle lawyer may allow you to direct your energy towards recovery. Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile in seeking justice for you or your loved one, and we always provide our clients with responsive legal care.
Do not wait to call, as Florida Statutes § 95.11 generally limits the time that you have to pursue a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW