A lawyer may be able to determine how much your Orlando rear end motorcycle accident is worth after reviewing your case. Some details that could affect the value of your case might include:
- What kinds of injuries you suffered
- How severe your injuries are
- Whether your injuries prevented you from working
- How much damage your motorcycle sustained
- Who is at fault for the accident
Your injuries may have to qualify as serious for you to obtain compensation through a claim or lawsuit, and your lawyer may explain whether this is the case for you.
A Lawyer May Help You Determine Fault for Your Orlando Motorcycle Accident
Once your lawyer determines your losses and the compensation you might be entitled to collect, the next matter may be determining each party responsible for your losses. Some possible liable parties might include:
- Any motorist whose actions contributed to your collision
- Any employer of motorists involved in your accident, so long as the motorists were working at the time
- An individual or establishment who over-served a drunk motorist involved in your accident
- A vehicle or parts manufacturer whose product contributed to your accident or made your losses worse
- A pedestrian or bicyclist who somehow contributed to your accident
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains that the standard for negligence focuses on how a person failed to do “what an ‘ordinary’ or ‘reasonable person’ would have done in similar circumstances.” This means that the motorist who caused your accident might be responsible for your accident if they engaged in dangerous or careless driving behaviors, such as:
- Tailgating or driving too closely behind other vehicles
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to secure items attached to or inside of a vehicle
- Driving without proper safety equipment, such as headlights, taillights, and mirrors
- Making risky turns
- Failing to check blind spots and intersections before crossing or changing lanes
Motorcyclists may be especially susceptible to dangerous behaviors by motorists. Motorcycles may be more difficult to see than larger vehicles, may accelerate at a more rapid pace, and generally lack safety features, such as airbags and seatbelts. Motorists must understand that striking a motorcyclist, in the rear or otherwise, may cause significant injuries and possibly death.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Calculating Your Accident-Related Losses
As your lawyer determines how much your Orlando rear end motorcycle accident is worth, they may survey every loss you or your loved one suffered. If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, your losses might include:
- The value of your loved one’s lost earnings
- The cost of your loved one’s funeral
- The cost of medical expenses incurred before your loved one’s passing
- Loss of consortium, which the Legal Information Institute (LII) explains covers the comfort and companionship that your loved one provided to their significant other
- Loss of guidance for children of the deceased
Losing a loved one in a motorcycle accident represents the ultimate cost of motorist negligence. Suffering a serious injury can be devastating as well, as it could alter the course of your life as you know it. Some of the possible outcomes of a serious injury include:
- Loss of cognitive function
- A prolonged period of unconsciousness
- Changes in your mood and personality
- The onset of psychological conditions, such as depression and anxiety
- Permanent disability
- Being unable to work the job that you did before your accident
- Being unable to work at all
- Experiencing a significantly diminished quality of life
Your lawyer may help you fight for compensation for your losses, including losses you are likely to suffer in the future. If they successfully negotiate a settlement or win a judgment, you may collect compensation for the harm you experienced because of an Orlando motorcycle accident.
Whether your chosen course of action is an insurance claim or lawsuit, your lawyer may handle every possible aspect of your pursuit of compensation so that you may attend to your health and other responsibilities.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
A lawyer can be the protector of your rights in a tumultuous time after your accident, and they can fight for the compensation you need. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants you to worry about getting better while we take care of everything else.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW