After an auto accident in, you may be hurt, stressed about getting your car fixed, and worried about what the future holds. You may wonder what the average settlement is for an auto accident in Jacksonville.
Unfortunately, many factors impact can impact your settlement amount, making it difficult to estimate your final settlement amount. However, we can explain the most common damages accidents victims recover and how the details of your case can impact your settlement amount.
For a more accurate estimate of the value of your case, contact a Jacksonville personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. Our team is here to help you through this difficult time.
Types of Damages You May Recover in a Jacksonville Auto Accident
In general, accident victims are eligible to recover compensation for any damages they incurred as a result of the negligent action. These include the following:
After an auto accident, you may be entitled to recover the cost of repair or replacement for any property damage. This may include your vehicle and any items in your vehicle, including electronic devices, tools for work, school books, medical devices, and so forth.
You may be eligible to recover the cost of any medical care you required due to the accident, including emergency room transportation, ER visits, hospitalization, sutures, surgery, x-rays, MRIs, CAT scans, follow up visits, and pain management.
Lost Wages & Employment Benefits
If you miss time at work due to your injuries, you may be eligible to recover the cost of those lost wages. If you are unable to work in the same capacity after you heal, you may pursue the loss of future wages. Depending on the details of your case, you may also recover the cost of losing employer-sponsored health care and retirement benefits.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering is considered a non-economic damage, meaning there is no direct cost associated with this type of damage. You may be able to recover compensation due to the pain, mental anguish, and inconvenience you suffered as a result of the action.
Wrongful Death Benefits
If your loved one passed away due to injuries sustained in a Jacksonville auto accident, you may be able to file a claim to collect wrongful death benefits. Damages in a wrongful death claim may include funeral costs, medical bills before their passing, the loss of financial support from the victim, and emotion distress of the family.
Factors that May Impact the Amount of Your Auto Accident Settlement
After an accident, you may be frustrated and worried about the impact this accident will have on your life. You want to understand what to expect so you can begin to move forward.
While we cannot give you an accurate estimate of your case value, we have outlined the most common factors that may impact your settlement amount.
- The severity of your injuries: For example, a person who suffers a severed limb will likely collect more than a person who sprains their wrist.
- The cost of your medical bills: Since medical bills are often included in calculated damages, you may collect a higher amount to cover those bills.
- Your ability to work: If you are unable to work for the rest of your life, you will likely collect more than a person who misses just a week or two.
- Your long-term recovery prognosis: If your injuries require a long recovery period, you may be entitled to a higher settlement amount.
- Insurance coverage: If the at-fault party is uninsured or underinsured, you may not be able to collect full damages. Additionally, if the damages sustained exceed the amount of your own insurance coverage you may not recover the full amount.
- The identity of the at-fault party: Laws may limit the liability for government or military agencies and their members.
- Your actions that contributed to the accident: If you were partially at fault for the accident, your settlement amount may be reduced.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine in Jacksonville, FL Today
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a Jacksonville auto accident, we can help. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our team goes the extra mile to make sure accident victims feel heard, understood, and supported. Let us handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing after your accident.
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free review of your personal injury case.