Car accidents can have a profound impact on your life and the lives of your family members. Though they are typically over in seconds, the repercussions of a car accident can create hardship for months or years to come.
The Four Corners car accident lawyers from the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine are well-equipped to perform the necessary legwork to pursue damages on your behalf. For a free, no-risk consultation, contact us today at 1 (800) 747-3733.
Common Reasons for Car Accidents in Four Corners, Florida
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 1,000 accidents happen every day in the state of Florida. There are a number of factors that can cause accidents, including:
- Distracted driving: This was the cause of over 3,000 deaths in 2017. Distracted driving including texting, talking on phones, adjusting the radio, engaging with other passengers, looking away from the road at accidents or scenery, or even driver fatigue.
- Drunk or impaired driving: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported over 3,000 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities in the state of Florida in 2017. Impaired driving can also refer to accidents caused by drivers under the influence of drugs, medications, or even fatigue.
- Aggressive driving: This type of driving involves behaviors that put people or property at risk, including making frequent or unsafe lane changes, tailgating, cutting off other drivers, disregarding traffic lights, or failing to signal.
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the deadliest factors that contribute to car accidents. It not only increases the likelihood of a car accident but also increases the likelihood of serious injury or death.
If you or a loved one has been injured as a result of a car accident in Four Corners, Florida, contact a Four Corners car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. We offer a free, no-risk case evaluation where you can explore your options for recovering damages related to your case. Call us at 1 (800) 747-3733.
Damages That You Could Recover After a Car Accident in Four Corners
There are a number of different types of damages you can claim as a result of a personal injury you sustained in a car accident. The precise damages available to you will depend upon the nature of your case, but we can typically pursue recovery for the following:
After a car accident in Four Corners, Florida, your injuries may involve anything from minor cuts and bruises to serious traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). It is also possible that the injuries you sustained from the accident will not produce symptoms until a later date, and you will find yourself needing accident-related care down the road. While every accident is different, some of the most common expenses that result from a car accident include:
- Ambulance fees
- Physical or cognitive therapy
- Doctor visits
- In-home services
Lost Wages or Opportunity
You may be required to take time off work to heal from your injuries. It is also possible that you will have to take time away from work on an ongoing basis in order to be at a doctor’s appointments or attend physical therapy. For some, this can even result in missed opportunities for career advancement, for which you can seek additional compensation.
Pain and Suffering
If you suffered mental anguish as a result of your accident, including stress, anxiety, or even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), you may be able to receive additional compensation.
Loss of Companionship
If the car accident resulted in the wrongful death of a close relative, Florida law allows the family of the victim to seek compensation for loss of companionship and a number of other damages, including:
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future inheritance
- Funeral and burial expenses
If a Four Corners car accident has impacted your life or the life of a loved one, you may be entitled to any of these damages as well as others not listed.
How a Four Corners Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
You may be wondering how a Four Corners car accident lawyer can help you. While every case is different, some ways a lawyer can help you include:
- Gathering medical records and bills
- Gathering police reports and eyewitness statements
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Obtaining the evidence necessary to establish liability for the accident
- Organize the evidence to demonstrate the extent of the damages
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- Argue your case at trial, if a settlement cannot be reached outside of court
To learn more about how a Four Corners car accident lawyer can help you, contact us at 1 (800) 747-3733 today.
How the Statute of Limitations Can Impact Your Claim
While taking action immediately after your accident can help you build a strong claim for recovering damages, that is not the only reason to move quickly. The state of Florida also imposes limits on the time you have to pursue damages for personal injury accidents.
According to Florida’s statute of limitations (VIII.95.11), you have four years from the time of your accident to pursue compensation for your damages. If a wrongful death occurred, you must pursue your case within two years.
Contact a Four Corners Car Accident Lawyer Today
Our team is ready to go the extra mile to help you navigate your Four Corners car accident case. Insurance companies know we mean business, and we will not hesitate to take your claim to court if a settlement cannot be agreed upon. To get started, call us now at 1 (800) 747-3733. A member of our team is standing by and ready to help.