A serious car accident can alter the course of a person’s life. Even moderate and relatively minor accidents can lead to huge medical bills, missed work time, long-term disabilities, and financial crises. You are entitled to injury compensation; however, Florida no-fault laws are complex and can make navigating the process difficult.
Do I File a Claim with My or the Other Driver’s Insurance Company?
It depends on who was at-fault for the collision. You file with your own insurer first, regardless of fault. Florida is a no-fault state that requires drivers to carry $10,000 of personal injury protection (PIP), which covers part of your medical bills and lost wages.
However, if your damages total more than $10,000, your injuries are “serious” as defined by Florida Statute § 627.737(2), and the other driver contributed to the accident, you can opt to pursue damages from the at-fault driver.
Run your case by one of our car accident lawyers to determine exactly what your options are.
How Do I Know If I Have a Valid Liability Claim?
When another party causes your car accident and you sustain serious injuries, you may have a case against the at-fault party. There are two primary things you will need to prove to win your claim and recover damages:
- Negligence: The other driver’s carelessness, negligence, or recklessness must have caused or contributed to your accident. If the driver was texting, intoxicated, distracted, speeding, or otherwise putting others on the road at risk and it wound up causing the accident, then you can file a liability claim.
- Damages: You must also have sustained actual injuries to file a claim. We will need to demonstrate these injuries via medical files, bills, proof of lost wages, (the physical, emotional, and financial ramifications of the accident) so you can seek adequate reimbursement.
We can help you prove negligence and establish damages.
Do I Really Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Car accident cases are rarely open-and-shut. They can get very complicated, and it is easy for victims who file on their own to make mistakes and recover less compensation than they deserve.
To have a truly successful claim and secure the money you and your family deserve, you would need to know how the claims process works, what your rights and responsibilities are, what types of damages you are entitled to, and how to communicate with insurers, and how to handle disputes.
Most people just are not that familiar with how to effectively navigate the legal system — especially when they are dealing with serious injuries.
Qualified, determined car accident lawyers, like ours at Anidjar and Levine, can provide the advice and help you need for even the most challenging or contested case. We can collect evidence, prove liability, calculate damages, negotiate with the insurance adjuster, and even take your case to court, if need be. We will protect your rights and make sure the insurance companies do not take advantage of you.
And because we do not charge legal fees unless we win your case, you have no out-of-pocket expenses to worry about. It just makes sense to have a legal professional assist you with your claim.
What Kinds of Damages Can I Collect?
If you win your car accident case, you can collect damages for all your losses and expenses related to the accident. There are three types of damages you may be entitled to:
- Special damages: For your monetary losses, such as medical bills, rehabilitation, disability, loss of wages, reduced working capacity, household services, follow-ups, and future treatments, etc.
- General damages: For your non-monetary losses, such as mental anguish, depression, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
- Punitive damages: If the at-fault party was particularly negligent or exceedingly reckless, or purposefully caused you injury, the judge might award you with punitive damages. These damages, which courts only award in select cases, are meant as a form of punishment for the at-fault party and a deterrent for future misconduct.
When you work with our firm, your Anidjar & Levine car accident lawyer will review your case and unique circumstances and create a comprehensive list of damages. Sometimes, we will work with a forensic financial expert to ensure your settlement has accounted for your total long-term damages. It is our goal to seek reimbursement for all your current and future losses so that you can have the funds you need to take care of your injuries and make up for lost income.
Can Anidjar & Levine Help with My Car Accident Case in Deerfield Beach?
Our firm handles all types of car accident cases in Deerfield Beach and throughout Florida. We employ a team of over 20 highly qualified injury attorneys that have a passion for helping victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. In our years of service, we have represented victims with all kinds of cases, including:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Car accidents involving large trucks and motorcycles
- Accidents caused by automotive defects
- Texting and driving accidents
- Catastrophic injury cases
- Wrongful death car accidents
- Car accidents while on-the-job
When you hire the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine, you can rest assured you will be in good hands. We will walk you through the entire claims process, from investigating your accident to sending you your final settlement check. Contact our office at 800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation with a car accident lawyer in Deerfield Beach.