The Atlantic hurricane season officially begins June 1 and ends November 30. This can be a nerve-wracking time for Davie property owners who are often in the path of a major hurricane. These tropical storms can damage or destroy homes and businesses in a matter of hours. You are entitled to file a number of damages under the details of your insurance policy.
Some insurance companies make it difficult for home and business owners who file legitimate claims. If this happened to you, please call a hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie. A hurricane property claim lawyer will pursue the compensation you deserve. Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to request a free consultation.
You Pay Your Premiums Yet the Insurance Company Declines Your Claim
As hurricane property claim lawyers in Davie, we have heard too often from policyholders whose post-hurricane claims are denied or underpaid. If you are the legal property owner who pays your premiums only to have your insurance carrier dispute a legitimate claim, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for responsive legal care.
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie could resolve a disputed claim with your property insurance company by:
- Reviewing your policy carefully to determine your available coverage;
- Advising you on required terms and conditions for you to receive benefits; or
- Ensuring that the insurance company follows its contractual obligation for legitimate claims.
If your home or business was damaged or destroyed in a hurricane, the last thing you need is to decipher the fine print on your property insurance policy or deal with an insurance adjuster. You might be injured or just trying to find a safe temporary place for you and your family until your home is repaired or rebuilt.
Please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine if your insurance company has denied, delayed, or underpaid a hurricane property claim. To request a free consultation, please call 1-800-747-3733.
Insurance Companies Use Questionable Tactics to Avoid Paying Claims
Our hurricane property claim lawyers are skilled negotiators who understand Florida’s insurance regulations. We have successfully resolved disputes and valuation claims for many property owners in Davie and throughout South Florida.
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie recognizes some of these tactics that an insurance company might use to dispute your claim, including when a company:
- Denies insurance coverage is in force;
- Pays only part of your claim, saying that it is excluded from your policy;
- Takes an unreasonable amount of time to follow-up with your claim;
- Makes false statements about your coverage or claim;
- Undervalues some or all valuation; or
- Tells you that you do not need to consult a lawyer.
You have the legal right to have a hurricane property claim lawyer of your choosing to help you file a claim or resolve a dispute. The insurance company is counting on the fact that you need to get compensated quickly to repair or rebuild. While this might be true, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can get to work on your case right away. We will do all we can for a speedy resolution so you can move on with your life.
Recommended Steps Before and After a Hurricane in Davie
Please remember that homes and businesses can be rebuilt; human lives cannot. Make sure that you and your family are prepared and safe before a hurricane strikes Davie. Nearly 15 million Floridians live in coastal areas where winds and storm surge are the most dangerous.
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie will recommend protecting your property with steps that include:
- Protecting your doors and windows with impact-resistant shutters;
- Keeping trees trimmed, removing yard debris, and taking in items like garbage cans that can become deadly missiles in hurricane-force winds; and
- Putting your homeowner’s insurance and other important documents in a waterproof container and bring with you if you must evacuate.
After the storm, our hurricane property claim lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine recommend the following steps, including:
- Report the claim to your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Take steps to protect your home or business from further storm damage, such as using a tarp (heavy plastic sheeting) to cover a hole in the roof.
- Take pictures and/or videos with a date and time stamp on the images.
- Write an inventory of damages both inside your home and outside.
- Save your receipts for items such as tarp, hotel stay, and other storm-related expenses.
- Keep a log of all communication and correspondence with your insurance adjuster, including dates, times, and a summary of the conversation.
Please do not accept any payment from the insurance company until a hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie can review the terms and conditions. Some insurance companies will consider the claim closed even if you accept a partial payment. It is their goal to pay as little as possible even though you are a policyholder. We may have to file a bad faith lawsuit in order for you to recover a full payout. To request a free consultation, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
No Recovery Means No Fee
Remember, you do not have to speak with an insurance adjuster. Our legal team understands that is enormously stressful before, during, and after a hurricane. A hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie will be your legal advocate who pursues your rightful compensation.
Our hurricane property claim lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you do not pay attorney fees unless and until we can recover compensation on your property claim. We also offer a free, no-obligation consultation.
A hurricane property claim lawyer in Davie can help you prepare a claim or battle the insurance company that has refused or undervalued your claim. We handle personal injury cases as well. We invite you to call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to learn more: 1-800-747-3733.