If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, you may be eligible to recover damages from the liable party. Even if you are not sure what caused the accident or if your injuries do not appear to be severe, you may have legal recourse. A truck accident lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL can help you explore your options.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. Our personal injury team can help you navigate the legal process and pursue the compensation you deserve so you can focus on feeling better.
Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Team Takes On
Our team has experience pursuing claims in a wide range of truck accidents. While every case is different, the most common reasons for Coconut Creek truck accidents we see are:
- Tire blowouts
- Improperly loaded freight
- Overweight loads
- Pedestrian/truck accidents
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while tired
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone collisions
If you sustained injuries in a truck accident, you may be able to hold the driver, the trucking company, or another party legally responsible.
Liability Following a Coconut Creek, FL, Truck Accident
Many different factors can cause truck accidents, including weather, equipment malfunctions, and driver error. It is not always clear what caused an accident or who is at fault. The liable party in your case will depend on the details unique to your accident. However, there are a few common liable parties in truck accidents.
The Truck Driver
You can hold the driver of the truck liable if they were drunk, failed to follow traffic laws, or did not exercise due care while driving. Liability can be complicated if they are working when the accident occurs.
The Trucking Company
You can hold the trucking company responsible if they hired an untrained driver, ignored passed driving infractions, failed to maintain the truck, or pushed the driver to work more than federal law permits.
The Tire or Truck Manufacturer
You can hold the manufacturer of the tire or truck itself liable if a faulty part caused the accident. In these types of cases, we must often prove they knew or should have known about the flaw. A defective tire lawyer can determine if a manufacturer can be held liable.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL, Can Help
If you were injured in a truck accident, you may be in pain and worried about what your future holds. You should not have to suffer because of the actions of someone else.
A truck accident lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL can help you navigate the legal process and pursue compensation, including:
- Gathering evidence to build your case, including police reports, witness statements, incident reports, photographs of the scene, and other documentation to support your claim.
- Working with experts to build your case, including medical specialists and accident reconstruction professionals.
- Determining who can be held liable for your accident, including pursuing all parties if multiple agencies contributed to the cause of your accident.
- Filing a claim with the insurance of the at-fault party.
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf by working with the defendant’s legal team or insurance company.
- Representing you in court, if the at-fault party will not negotiate what we deem to be a fair settlement for your injuries.
Working with a truck accident attorney means you can focus on healing while we take care of all legal matters. Contact us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case evaluation.
Damages You May Recover Following Your Truck Accident
Truck accidents can result in severe injuries for victims. While we cannot estimate your settlement, there are certain damages you may be entitled to.
You may be able to collect the following damages:
- The cost of replacement or repair of your vehicle
- Costs related to any personal property damaged in your accident, such as electronics, car seats, and other items in your vehicle
- Medical care costs, including hospital bills, the costs of surgery, and prescription drugs
- Long-term care costs, if your injury is severe and you are unable to perform basic tasks
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income due to disability
- Rehabilitation care costs
- Pain and suffering
Keep in mind that your settlement amount may vary based on the extent of your injuries and the identity of the liable party.
Wrongful Death Claims
If your loved one passed away from injuries they sustained in a truck accident, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. This type of claim allows you to recover costs associated with burial, loss of wages, and loss of companionship from your loved one. A wrongful death claim can reduce the financial burden on your family during this incredibly difficult time.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL, Today
Did you or someone you love sustain injuries following a truck accident in or near Coconut Creek, FL? You have a legal right to pursue compensation for someone else’s negligent or careless actions.
You do not have to fight on your own. Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. A truck accident lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL will explain your legal options and manage the details for you. Call 1-800-747-3733 today for a free evaluation of your truck accident case.